Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

2 hours ago, punkassmofo said:

Where's this misconception that Hooper doesn't score goals, he has something like 18 goals in 39 starts. But yeah he doesn't score does he! 

No you're right, I was just playing devils advocate, and going along with what the poster was suggesting. Hooper does score goals, as does Forestieri, and Fletcher too.In fact, I'm more than happy with all our strikers

Sorry but there's some reyt drama Queens in this thread. None of us know how close we are to ffp, so none of us know what we have to spend. I can't for one minute think that a business man of Mr C's calibre hasn't set aside a decent budget for the January window. The signing of Macmanamun shows that we have a budget, I can't see him being cheap. As for the Rhodes comparisons Hooper is a very good player but nowhere near guarantees the kind of goal returns that Rhodes does. Ppl can do all the goals per minute ratios they want but the facts are Rhodes scores goals at this level hence the massive price tag. FF is a totally different type of player than Rhodes so there's no comparison there. FF has wasted half a season with whatever is going on in his head.  So can we rely on him? 

The major point seems to be the money side. Ppl saying if we sign Rhodes we'llget a transfer embargo. Where is the proof of this? My understanding of the Rhodes thing is that if someone comes and pays the money he'll go to them otherwise he'll come here on loan as from what most ppl are saying it's already agreed in principle 

41 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Sorry but there's some reyt drama Queens in this thread. None of us know how close we are to ffp, so none of us know what we have to spend. I can't for one minute think that a business man of Mr C's calibre hasn't set aside a decent budget for the January window. The signing of Macmanamun shows that we have a budget, I can't see him being cheap. As for the Rhodes comparisons Hooper is a very good player but nowhere near guarantees the kind of goal returns that Rhodes does. Ppl can do all the goals per minute ratios they want but the facts are Rhodes scores goals at this level hence the massive price tag. FF is a totally different type of player than Rhodes so there's no comparison there. FF has wasted half a season with whatever is going on in his head.  So can we rely on him? 

The major point seems to be the money side. Ppl saying if we sign Rhodes we'llget a transfer embargo. Where is the proof of this? My understanding of the Rhodes thing is that if someone comes and pays the money he'll go to them otherwise he'll come here on loan as from what most ppl are saying it's already agreed in principle 

Fair enough re FFP, although we have been told many times, that we cannot afford to spend the sort of money it would take to buy Rhodes. Hooper, to my mind is a better player than Rhodes, and offers a similar output. Perhaps Rhodes may shade it in the predatory goal scoring skills, but there isn't much in it Neither are great team players, but Hooper's link up play is slightly better. A six month loan, for me, would be a good deal.

Edited by gurujuan

2 hours ago, F. Spiksley said:

lol

I've just had my tea time and no sign of either!!!!

*Checks transfer window guidelines*.........

Oh yes, here it is. Para 23, bullet 4.......

"once negotiations have been concluded, with all parties in agreement of documented clauses and sub-clauses, and with registration details filed at Football League HQ, alongside confirmation that a contract has been completed, and signed by the respective player, else an agent acting on behalf of said player, then an announcement regarding the signing of the player, can be made public, but not prior to F.Spiksley having had his tea, or alternatively his dinner, should the term southern, shandy-drinking person of undeclared sexuality apply"

3 minutes ago, heppers said:

Imagine FF on left wing, Rhodes Hooper centre forward and Macmanaman on right wing.

that could be really tasty.

Or, if it doesn't happen.

Then that could be tasty as well.

With 10/12 million to spend elsewhere on the team.

Edited by MAL

2 minutes ago, heppers said:

Imagine FF on left wing, Rhodes centre forward and Macmanaman on right wing.

that could be really tasty.

Yep. 

It would also inspire several hundred more posts between HolmOwl and IhateSteveBould. 

1 minute ago, JUNNY said:

We are signing JR and you got a small tail...listen i am ITK and your not

2017-01-01-21-47-47--940208849.jpg

Why are you getting so upset about people talking about Jordan Rhodes. 

Are you a bit simple? 

^Rhetorical question. 

6 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Don't need Rhodes need another Foristeri type player, a creative player who can do something out of nothing!

My thoughts exactly ^^^

Need another tricky player preferably  with pace to give us a different  options to what we already have.

Would love Rhodes but the above  is more critical to our chances of promotion as we have seen when FF isn't  playing we struggle if plan A isn't  working. 

Just now, JUNNY said:

Take being simple everyday over deaf, deluded and gutless

Yep. 

Deffo simple. 

Perhaps you need to have your own section. I think even Matchday might be a bit beyond you tbh. 

Thing is...Rhodes is a terrific goalscorer. 

In saying that I don't think he's a player who can score a goal out of nothing. 

He's a player who comes alive in the 18 yard box, lives off good service. Unfortunately I don't think we have been anywhere near out best creatively this season. Why it is imperative that we hang onto FF and try and bring in other players who can provide service.