Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Owlinmad really has got quite a lot wrong in the past though, I recall. Could well be true though, I've no idea.

Not sure his son will be particularly thrilled with Dad spilling the beans on his top client. 

I hate Rhodes rumours, I really do.

BUT I do also think it's sort of a given that eventually we will see him in a Wednesday shirt. I think he has a genuine affection for this club. In fact, has anyone got the article from the Blackburn programme where he speaks about us?

I don't think we've genuinely been in for him before. I don't think we've stood a chance financially.

But IF he's available on loan, and we put a loan offer in....he'd jump at the chance to come here.

At this stage in the season I don't think any championship club are gonna pay his asking price. He'll leave Boro on loan in January & we have an obvious edge over Derby & Villa.

Guest RocketOwl

We don't need Jordan Rhodes.

we need a CB!!!! If Lees or Loovens get an injury we have Sasso!!!! Whilst the top 2 is in sight we cannot take the risk at ever having to start Sasso.nhes adequate fourth choice cover but not 3rd.

Hooper is as good as Rhodes and back soon until then we have Fletcher and Fessi. How do we need a striker?

Just now, wilyfox said:

If there's a buyer, we're screwed. 

Just remember, it isn't "Rhodes is the only way we'll get promoted"

But in terms of getting him, obviously yes, we wouldn't have any chance. I reckon someone's going to buckle and pay the cash, most probably Villa as a panic buy halfway through January and they're still outside the play-offs. 

Guest wilyfox
Just now, mattitheowl said:

I can't see him going out on loan unless there is a hefty fee involved.  I don't see what it really benefits Boro.

Retains a player capable of firing them back up, should they be relegated. Otherwise, they'd need to source one in the summer. I don't think Boro should be so quick to sell for that reason. 

2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Loan move with first refusal to buy at end of season should we gain promotion. 

Sorted. 

Sounds feasible. Was thinking that myself. If we go up eventually, we'd be able to buy him.

The only question then of course is will he score regularly in the Prem?

3 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Getting his wages offloaded to someone else so they can bring in Gestede? 

Pretty sure they don't need to worry about his wages now they are in the Premier League.  He's not on £300k a week.  And Gestede is a worse player than him, hence why Villa are looking to get rid.

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Retains a player capable of firing them back up, should they be relegated. Otherwise, they'd need to source one in the summer. I don't think Boro should be so quick to sell for that reason. 

But Karanka has never wanted him and clearly doesn't rate him.

Just not bothered...

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Not sure his son will be particularly thrilled with Dad spilling the beans on his top client. 

My son is friends with Jordan.

My son is a football agent, not representing Jordan.

I think Jordan Rhodes will come to us. My son has never commented on the situation and never would.

I knew we were in for Hooper the first time and it was a done deal until "someone" at the other end pulled the plug.

If I've ever mentioned we have looked at a player or shown interest then it is 100% true.

One of my best friends is a freelance scout and does a lot of work for Arsenal.

Guest wilyfox
Just now, mattitheowl said:

Pretty sure they don't need to worry about his wages now they are in the Premier League.  He's not on £300k a week.  And Gestede is a worse player than him, hence why Villa are looking to get rid.

But Karanka has never wanted him and clearly doesn't rate him.

Played him enough to help secure promotion..

Besides, if Boro are relegated, who's to say Karanka would still be there next season?