Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

Rate this topic

6,768 posts in this topic

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 16:49, theowlsman said:

There's a definite rumour he's joining.

I know because I started it. lol

lol

26 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I think the misunderstanding may be in the eye of the beholder!

MMMMMMMM, think you are spot on there BTR.:ghoulguy:

Posted (edited)

Not read the full Fred but no way would I chuck 11 plus mill and mega high wages at Jordan Rhodes when they are players scoring for fun below us like Danny graham, Sam winnall and tammy Abrahams altho he's a loan from Chelsea. 

Edited by TaxiMark

21 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Fax machine broke.

We're talking Tuesday now then by the time someone's been out to fix that!

1 minute ago, S61 Owl said:

We're talking Tuesday now then by the time someone's been out to fix that!

this next tuesday ??

oh well someone had to say it 

:biggrin:

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Replacing Forestieri with Rhodes, would hardly add to our creativity. Him and Fletcher would be the sort of partnership that would have been deemed good, 5 years ago. Now, it's a bit basic, there's a lot more quality in this league, and Forestieri gives us a place at the table

The two issues are separate. I'm not saying sell FF and replace with JR, but an earlier poster had said FF was irreplaceable when the truth is everyone is replaceable.

8 hours ago, S_W_F_C said:

What would you be thinking about next season if we signed Rhodes and lost in the play offs?

I wasn't saying sign Rhodes.  I'm not convinced he is the answer to getting us over the line .

7 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Not read the full Fred but no way would I chuck 11 plus mill and mega high wages at Jordan Rhodes when they are players scoring for fun below us like Danny graham, Sam winnall and tammy Abrahams altho he's a loan from Chelsea. 

I look forward to Danny Graham firing us to promotion!

no one in the championship will spend that much on one player this time of year with the FFP because nobody is certain to go up so its not worth the risk. I'd love us to loan him and after watching Nuhiu last night just shows how much were crying out for another striker. 

30 minutes ago, Animal said:

no one in the championship will spend that much on one player this time of year with the FFP because nobody is certain to go up so its not worth the risk. I'd love us to loan him and after watching Nuhiu last night just shows how much were crying out for another striker. 

Really? Middlesborough did exactly that last year and guess what happened to them!

Just saying like.

4 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Really? Middlesborough did exactly that last year and guess what happened to them!

Just saying like.

A calculated gamble when your already in the top 2, fair enough.

We are 6th have no realistic chance of getting top 2 with or without him. If we sign him, make the play offs and don't go up, I expect us to be under an embargo next season.

If that happens Chansiri is a fool a deserves all he gets (he won't though, he is far to savy to let that happen)

They have just found th paperwork under the fax machine for him to sign.....problem is it is from last January so we have missed out....!!

I can confirm Rhodes will be at the Middlewood training ground TODAY!

Andy that is. 

1 minute ago, domSWFC said:

I can confirm Rhodes will be at the Middlewood training ground TODAY!

Andy that is. 

He'll be having New Year's Day dinner at his dad's then.        UTO 

Posted (edited)

I would go all out for Rhodes, not £11 million but certainly up towards £8/£9 million.

I get the impression we are trying to get up on the cheap when the reality is you have to spend fairly big now to be in with a shot.

Rhodes would be a good long term investment, he's the right age and could possibly have good re-sale value. Look at McCormack

FFP aside we should be thinking about how we are going to stay in the premiership when we eventually get there, 75% of this squad won't cut it and a fair few are punching above their weight in a top 6 championship side.

Rhodes would love it here, he'd be worshipped, working with his old man and have very healthy competition in fletcher and hooper.

i can't believe the club are paying out £5/£15k a week to some players who are nowhere near the first team.

Going to upset a few but we are a 1 man team going forward with FF, teams are clicking on and winding him up and he's a marked man from the first minute.

No better proven option out there at the minute than Rhodes.

Edited by Mac_77