Years Team Apps (Gls)
2004–2006 Grays Athletic 68 (20)
2006–2008 Southend United 32 (2)
2007  Leyton Orient (loan) 4 (2)
2008  Hereford United (loan) 19 (11)
2008–2010 Scunthorpe United 80 (43)
2010–2013 Celtic 95 (63)
2013–2016 Norwich City 64 (18)
2015–2016  Sheffield Wednesday (loan) 12 (6)
2016– Sheffield Wednesday 34

(12

Apart from a bit of a hiccup at Norwich Hoopers record would be hard to beat.

Hooper has also played at the higher standard scoring goals in the prem, SPL and Champions league.

12 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Was it as bad as it sounded there? 

They did a number on us to be honest.

Pressed and marked us out of the game and we basically had no answers.

They looked pretty good to be fair, passed it quickly, got it out to the wings and pinged quality crosses in.

Gallagher and Pearson their usual whinging selves, so when the goal went in it was a joy.

Wasn't great though!!

5 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

If anything, it has taught us today that signing him would be futile.

If it improves the squad it is never futile.

Today was today, bad day at the office against a side who had clearly done their homework.

There have been plenty of other games where we have created plenty and not taken them, where his instinct in front of goal would have been invaluable.

I can never understand the reluctance among the fan base to improve the squad.

"Hey Real Madrid fans we're looking to sign that Welsh fella, that Gareth Bale".

"Nah, we've already got Ronaldo we don't need anyone else, signing him would be futile".

"Ronaldo gets 25 plus goals a year, best saving our money".

Is it just us??? 

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

How the F**k do you work that one out????

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

How the F**k do you work that one out????

Forestieri is missed every match he does not play. The entire team dynamic is affected.

Rhodes is a proven goal scorer agreed but would require service from the rest of the team and when fessi is abscent theres hardly no service. Wheres the crosses? Why are we trying to play it into the box every time?

On the other hand im reading we are loaning a striker! How many strikers especially at Rhodes calibre are loaned? 

Which leads me to think (if any credibility) it would be a permanent. We cannot afford him so Fessi is the only player who would cover that cost.

I hope we have both come Feb!

Rhodes wouldn't have made any difference today imo. We simply are missing drive from our midfield especially in central areas. You watch on Monday when any of the defenders are on the ball, our central midfielders are simply hiding or in rubbish positions instead of looking for the ball and moving forward with it. If Bannan comes short and gets the ball he is so deep it generally goes sideways to a full back. This obviously works sometimes but often it's left with Lees who hoofs it. The amount of times today players had the ball and had no-one to pass to was worrying.

I'm not saying don't sign him but our problems are greater than buying another forward.

Edited by mike312

7 hours ago, mogbad said:

An on form Forestieri yes I'd agree with you as he gives us something different to an out & out striker like Rhodes but unfortunately we've only seen an on form Forestieri about 3 times this season.

Totally this!

Given that Forestieri was missing again today and the shenanigans earlier in the season I'm starting to wonder if his heart is really in it or if we are going to lose him.

10 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

Rhodes signing just keeps us one dimensional. It's delivery to the strikers from wide or through the middle that's missing. If we do add anything up front it will be mobility and pace.

We could do with three quality defenders to have CCs aim of 2 equally good players in each position.

Whats crack with Alan Judge?

I know hes still out injured but he was a solid player, venomous, fast, goals in him what do you think?

8 minutes ago, JaddyOwl said:

Forestieri is missed every match he does not play. The entire team dynamic is affected.

Rhodes is a proven goal scorer agreed but would require service from the rest of the team and when fessi is abscent theres hardly no service. Wheres the crosses? Why are we trying to play it into the box every time?

On the other hand im reading we are loaning a striker! How many strikers especially at Rhodes calibre are loaned? 

Which leads me to think (if any credibility) it would be a permanent. We cannot afford him so Fessi is the only player who would cover that cost.

I hope we have both come Feb!

Not arguing about FFs value to the team. he is irreplaceable and having read your reply can sort of see your logic, but selling FF would not make sense in any shape or form, no matter who it was to finance. I cannot see in any situation FF being used to fund other purchases it would just make no sense. (SO we are basically in agreement on that).

As for Strikers of Rhodes quality being loaned. Glenn Murray aint doing bad for Brighton.

Apologies if my original reply was a bit sharp. I had just got back from Preston and still a bit giddy from the goal. 

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

Not arguing about FFs value to the team. he is irreplaceable and having read your reply can sort of see your logic, but selling FF would not make sense in any shape or form, no matter who it was to finance. I cannot see in any situation FF being used to fund other purchases it would just make no sense. (SO we are basically in agreement on that).

As for Strikers of Rhodes quality being loaned. Glenn Murray aint doing bad for Brighton.

Apologies if my original reply was a bit sharp. I had just got back from Preston and still a bit giddy from the goal. 

Hahaha no problem.

Glenn Murray... didnt we try for him?

Reading the posts on FF I dont think he is going anywhere. As you say it would make no sense selling him.

If DC has anything about him. We need to evolve not disrupt UTO

Guest RocketOwl

Why is there umpteen pages on Jordan Rhodes when we have Gary Hooper already at the club and back in a week?

Edited by RocketOwl

4 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

No today and Rotherham he wouldn't have made any difference.

After what we've seen today anyone that thinks Rhodes is the answer to our prayers are deluded

But what about the times when numerous chances have been created and we haven't taken them. Would he have made a difference then? 

You're saying he wouldn't have made a difference against Rotherham when Joao missed two sitters early on that would have changed the whole complexion of the game. 

Rhodes would have scored at least one of them with his eyes closed, Rotherham would then have been forced to come out and attack us and the whole game would have been a different proposition.

We are woefully short up top and it is mystifying to me that people are saying we don't need a player of the calibre of Jordan Rhodes regardless of whether he would have made a difference today or not! 

How we can start a game with Big Dave (no offence meant to him) and in the same breath say Jordan Rhodes wouldn't improve things is beyond parody!