Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

Owlinmad says his son is a football agent, best mates with Rhodes, and he's coming here on loan.

Derby, earlier linked to Rhodes, have ruled themselves out of the running to buy him, according to Pat Murphy of the BBC.

Same Pat Murphy also saying Villa have also ruled themselves out of the running to buy him @ the asking price of £11million.

So, if he is going anywhere in Jan, it'll be to another club, not Derby or Villa, on a permanent deal, for the asking price of £11million, or to Villa if they can negotiate the fee down from £11million, or to any other club who can negotiate the fee down from the asking price of £11million, or he'll simply go on loan somewhere.

Make your own conclusions. Personally, as he has been at our games recently, and Boro seem adamant they will only let him go permanently for £11million, which nobody seems to want to pay, I think we have a good chance of getting him on loan as hinted at by Owlinmad.

Will be nipping to Home Bargains for Kleenex just in case.

6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Owlinmad says his son is a football agent, best mates with Rhodes, and he's coming here on loan.

Derby, earlier linked to Rhodes, have ruled themselves out of the running to buy him, according to Pat Murphy of the BBC.

Same Pat Murphy also saying Villa have also ruled themselves out of the running to buy him @ the asking price of £11million.

So, if he is going anywhere in Jan, it'll be to another club, not Derby or Villa, on a permanent deal, for the asking price of £11million, or to Villa if they can negotiate the fee down from £11million, or to any other club who can negotiate the fee down from the asking price of £11million, or he'll simply go on loan somewhere.

Make your own conclusions. Personally, as he has been at our games recently, and Boro seem adamant they will only let him go permanently for £11million, which nobody seems to want to pay, I think we have a good chance of getting him on loan as hinted at by Owlinmad.

Will be nipping to Home Bargains for Kleenex just in case.

Get me some while you're there.

One pallett should be enough to be goin on with!

Just can't see any club in the Championship matching that 11 million asking price. 

Boro clearly want rid (I think Karanka sort of has since the day Rhodes was signed for him), so that might undermine their negotiation position. In saying that Villa have splashed out some very high fees for McCormack and Kodja. 

If we could get him in here on loan that would be a great bit of business. 

IF he goes on loan anywhere, it'll be to us, almost certainly.

And IF he goes on loan, it won't be until deadline day as 'Boro will want to wait to see if anyone buckles and pays that £10-£12 million asking price. Be interesting to see if anyone gives in and forks up the cash... 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Just can't see any club in the Championship matching that 11 million asking price. 

Boro clearly want rid (I think Karanka sort of has since the day Rhodes was signed for him), so that might undermine their negotiation position. In saying that Villa have splashed out some very high fees for McCormack and Kodja. 

If we could get him in here on loan that would be a great bit of business. 

Seems to have been Gibson's pick rather than Karanka's doesn't he?

1 minute ago, trev said:

lol I read that bit yeah but why is he coming to us over those 2 clubs? If they want him enough to consider paying millions surely they will consider the loan option too?

Cos we're massive, they're sheeite, and we're going up, we're going up, they're not.

lol

Just now, theowlsman said:

Seems to have been Gibson's pick rather than Karanka's doesn't he?

That's my understanding. 

Rhodes never really seemed to fit into Karanka's style of play (think he lacks the mobility for the lone striker role). 

I gather that Gibson brought Rhodes in to make sure that Boro got over the line. He was having to stump up pretty crazy amounts of cash to keep them running last year, so failing to get promotion again was simply not an option. 

1 minute ago, trev said:

lol I read that bit yeah but why is he coming to us over those 2 clubs? If they want him enough to consider paying millions surely they will consider the loan option too?

I  think it's because he really wants to play for Sheffield Wednesday.     UTO