Hutchinson

It is sometimes hard to workout between the Premier League and our league, but would he have been good enough to play for England if not for the injuries? Not suggesting now, or while in the Championship, what I mean is, would he have really been good enough? What do we think?

While we are on the topic, who else have we had that could have and should have earned an England cap while at the club?

Had he stayed injury free and had game time at Chelsea then yes he would have been capped by now.

And capped players Hodge , Pearson , Bright , Chapman and Warhurst.

Sadky they had their careers at the wrong time remember Jeffers and Bothroyd both won an England cap 

12 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Surprised we havnt had mid to lower prem teams sniffing around after him already . weather he plays centre half or the holding midfielder , he is Mr consistent . 

It'll happen sooner rather than later, his injury record will have put teams off.

But he's managing his knee superbly now *touch wood*

I do think, genuinely,...he could play for England. At the back or in midfield. Christ, at the back...he's clearly better than the likes of Phil Jones or Jagielka.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
39 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

He's good enough right now. Just don't bloody tell them, we need him in one piece. Imagine how hard he'd play stepping up for England on telly, he'd probably actually die and not even notice

I'd be worried he'd do a kamikaze kick on someone.  The pride in wearing an England shirt would probably take over his whole brain!  Gotta love Sammy!!

20 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Surprised we havnt had mid to lower prem teams sniffing around after him already . weather he plays centre half or the holding midfielder , he is Mr consistent . 

Not for sale, we aren't a selling club.

Who would do more for our promotion prospects Hutch or Rhodes? 

Yes I'd say potentially he is/could be good enough and it could well happen if we get promotion and he carries on with his current run of not getting injured. He's played near 70 games for us now so I do think he may show a fair bit of loyalty to us plus don't think we'd be looking to sell if anyone was to come in for him. 

2 hours ago, prowl said:

Not for sale, we aren't a selling club.

Who would do more for our promotion prospects Hutch or Rhodes? 

we better be cos this squad is far too big, need to off load half a dozen if we can (but NOT Hutch or Fessi)

There is still time for him, we could go up this season so next season he could be a premier league midfielder.

No doubt he could step upto the top league too so carry on this performance in the Premier league he surely cannot be over looked. 

Oh and i think Pressman should have been called up to the national squad on a few occasions not the B team.

6 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

He is better than Eric dier in almost every aspect of his game. 

Dier was superb at DM for Spurs last season, guess you didn't watch any of their games? Hutchinson is a great player and I'm delighted he plays for us but that's such a silly biased comment!

20 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

Dier was superb at DM for Spurs last season, guess you didn't watch any of their games? Hutchinson is a great player and I'm delighted he plays for us but that's such a silly biased comment!

Exactly ask any spurs fan you know if they would swap Dier for Hutchinson. Don't think you would like the replies.

Edited by pazowl55