Atdhe Nuhiu wanted by St Pauli

Atdhe Nuhiu has played 137 games for Sheffield Wednesday and has always put in 100% effort in those games. He was our top scorer in two of his last four seasons at this club if I'm not much mistaken, and like it or not he was one of the main players that contributed to Sheffield Wednesday being a stable Championship club. There's a massive difference between saying "we can afford to sell him now we have better", and actively celebrating the possibility he might be leaving. Yes, we've progressed and moved on, and yes his goalscoring record is appalling, but he deserves some respect for all of the above.

Some of you should be ashamed. 

Edited by StudentOwl

1 hour ago, Copthorneowl said:

Atdhe has been a terrific servant to this club. Like most fans I accept he frustrates due to his lack of goals but to be fair he brings a lot of other playing qualities to the table.

He loves the club and most of us love him. In our current state of having a full reserve team of players who won't get a game whatever happens I would have thought there would be a few on the bye bye list before him. Only problem is many of them have more skill but really nothing to offer and also  are not match fit.

Personally I would be surprised if CC lets him go before he gets another striker in. The January market might well be the time we get a new striker and if we do I suspect he will surely be off.

I for one would wish him nothing other than good luck and our blessing for being a proper SWFC servant and character legend. He still gives what a lot can't and I certainly include Joao in that. Good luck Atdhe brilliant bloke.

Well said. The one thing to add is that he was a free from a minor league.  No one expected that we had signed a high end championship striker.  (Of if they did they really weren't massively bright).  

These days I wouldn't expect to see him start, but I am happy to see him on the bench, and the right circumstances to come on.

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If he does go, he'll be missed.

He seems like a very popular member of the squad.

I'd love to see him score just once more before he leaves.

I can't not make the joke...

We'd be waiting until he retired if you want to set that sort of condition lol

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Love how upsetting it is for some that the big giraffe isn't rated. Comedy gold.

lol

Not upsetting at all. I don't rate him, I think we should get rid as it would be best for both parties.

Just can't believe that some Sheffield Wednesday 'fans' would literally chase out the door a player that has had one of the biggest roles in ensuring that your club didn't get relegated back down to League One and have a stable platform to finally start a play-off push (albeit with his minimal involvement), and is clearly one of the most liked in the dressing room. If you can't see the problem with that then I'll just leave you in your world to laugh away. 

Edited by StudentOwl