Credit Carlos

Much as been debated about Sam Hutchinson's best position for us whether it's centre half or defensive midfielder in a 4-4-2. Not so much debate about who our best player was last night although Reach was a contender. 

The system Carlos set up of 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-1-2-3 depending how you view and when we are in and out possession was perfect for Sam. Only one performance last night but on that showing the screening back four position in that system or similar should put the debate to bed. I think Carlos deserves credit for seemingly finding Sam's best position and a system that is best suited to the players we have. Could also potentially accommodate Abdi in the position Bannan occupied last night. 

Some fans are quick to criticise Carlos so I'm going to give him some credit that hasn't been highlighted on here today. 

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

It did suit Sam, but remember it is a team game and for very long parts of last night it very clearly didn't suit the team.

25000 people and Carlos thought it wasn't working at all until the goal.

So you are speaking for all of us are you?

1 hour ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Much as been debated about Sam Hutchinson's best position for us whether it's centre half or defensive midfielder in a 4-4-2. Not so much debate about who our best player was last night although Reach was a contender. 

The system Carlos set up of 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-1-2-3 depending how you view and when we are in and out possession was perfect for Sam. Only one performance last night but on that showing the screening back four position in that system or similar should put the debate to bed. I think Carlos deserves credit for seemingly finding Sam's best position and a system that is best suited to the players we have. Could also potentially accommodate Abdi in the position Bannan occupied last night. 

Some fans are quick to criticise Carlos so I'm going to give him some credit that hasn't been highlighted on here today. 

FFS credit Carlos? Some of us having been banging on about it for months. Seriously though, I do hope he will utilise it more often, it suits the players we have, and it might even give us an opportunity to get Abdi on the field. Perhaps the only player it doesn't really suit is Hooper. Better he adapts, rather than playing half the team out of position

Edited by gurujuan

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Carlos got it wrong in the first place starting two strikers.  We're so much better when Wallace was on the field. I do think both Bannan and maybe even Lee need resting.

Up to us scoring we had been awful and I forgot we were playing in a local derby. Carlos was going to sub Joao until the goal went in as Wallace was stripped off. Carlos needs to grow a pair and maked some difficult decisions over Christmas but lets not hope he waves the white flag like he did with his Middlesbrough selection last year.

13 hours ago, Holmowl said:

No and 25000 was a daft exaggeration,

Lots around me were commenting on the formation until the first goal.

Could be argued that was the players performing badly and not the formation itself? For example Joao and Bannan were very poor