Reach - Right Wing?

Guest domSWFC

Guest domSWFC

When everyone is fully fit could this be a viable option? Foristieri on the left with them swapping occasionally. 

Just seems a waste to have Bannan out wide. 

Guest wilyfox

Happy with Reach where he is. I see him as our long term left-back. Already shown he's capable there. He'll get stronger on the defensive side the more games he plays. 

Forestieri is right footed and has often played down the left. It's the very fact he's inverted that lets him cut in and get shots on goal. Reach has a decent shot on him, so I don't see a bit negative to playing him inverted as well.. we've used Wallace over there often enough, and surely he'd offer more than Wallace.

Personally I think it'd suit to go with:

Fletcher

Forestieri Abdi Reach

Hutch Lee

Pudil Loovens Lees Palmer

Westwood

But we could as easily swap Abdi for Joao and play with 2 up top.

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Happy with Reach where he is. I see him as our long term left-back. Already shown he's capable there. He'll get stronger on the defensive side the more games he plays. 

I refuse to believe we've splashed all that cash on Reach to become our permanent LB.

I agree he can do a job there, but he's much more of a threat further up the pitch.

Guest wilyfox
Just now, owlZfan84 said:

I refuse to believe we've splashed all that cash on Reach to become our permanent LB.

I agree he can do a job there, but he's much more of a threat further up the pitch.

Debatable. No goals, 2 assists. That's ok from LB, but not as a winger. He doesn't look out of place at all at LB. It utilises his attributes well; he still gets forward a lot. Has he been potent enough further forward? Probably not.

Carlos said himself yday, he's not concerned how much a player costs. It's where he's best deployed to improve the team. If that's LB, then so be it. 

6 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Forestieri is right footed and has often played down the left. It's the very fact he's inverted that lets him cut in and get shots on goal. Reach has a decent shot on him, so I don't see a bit negative to playing him inverted as well.. we've used Wallace over there often enough, and surely he'd offer more than Wallace.

Personally I think it'd suit to go with:

Fletcher

Forestieri Abdi Reach

Hutch Lee

Pudil Loovens Lees Palmer

Westwood

But we could as easily swap Abdi for Joao and play with 2 up top.

Yeah just drop Bannan completely, Blokes only one of the most important players we have.

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Debatable. No goals, 2 assists. That's ok from LB, but not as a winger. He doesn't look out of place at all at LB. It utilises his attributes well; he still gets forward a lot. Has he been potent enough further forward? Probably not.

Carlos said himself yday, he's not concerned how much a player costs. It's where he's best deployed to improve the team. If that's LB, then so be it. 

Yeah but if he played further forward he would surely have more chance of getting more assists wouldn't he?

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Mat-Owl said:

Yeah but if he played further forward he would surely have more chance of getting more assists wouldn't he?

..if he has the attacking prowess. Does he? He squanders scoring opportunities. With our full-backs providing width going forward, he has plenty of chances to provide ammunition for assists from left-back. I like him a lot, but he's no Bale waiting to be unleashed. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

..if he has the attacking prowess. Does he? He squanders scoring opportunities. With our full-backs providing width going forward, he has plenty of chances to provide ammunition for assists from left-back. I like him a lot, but he's no Bale waiting to be unleashed. 

But we won't know unless we give him a consistent amount of games playing there

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Mat-Owl said:

He's had a fair run. Only filled in for Pudil on a handful of occasions. I think he's capable in either position, but there's no evidence to suggest he's a better winger than full-back, having filled either slot at more than one club already in his career.

13 minutes ago, Were All Wednesday said:

Yeah just drop Bannan completely, Blokes only one of the most important players we have.

Well, where do you accommodate him? I'm not looking to drop him, I like him as a player and he's often better than Lee for me (tho I'm sure I'll get pelters from some for saying it). I'd actually love to see him and Abdi in the same side, there have been a couple of times where they've looked like they could have a really good understanding. The 'problem' is we have 'too many' decent midfielders, there will always be cries of "how could you leave him out!?"

Bannan has been marginalised a bit by being shunted out wide for a few months now, so seems the natural one to drop to the bench in order to try another option in the position he's been occupying. For me it's do that or drop Lee and get Bannan to sit and distribute along side Hutch. For most Lee is untouchable tho.