Newcastle United 8 : 0 Sheffield Wednesday

I wasn't gonna go to this game and decided to grab tickets at the very last minute as I stupidly fancied we might get something from the game as we were both kicking around the bottom 3 at the time.

Seats were restricted view - basically a pillar blocking the middle third of the pitch - no cover, started raining as the match kicked off.

4-0 HT and thousands of Geordies ripping it out of us.

A fair number of our fans left at HT.

Great day out.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Pressman was shocking that day

Watch his punch to Shearer on the 7th goal

We lost 8-0 and you pick out Pressman was shocking, doesn't take a genius to realise that the whole team were shocking. Pretty sure Newcastle were bottom of league before game, think we replaced em there after match. Glad you picked out such an happy occasion to cheer us up with! Can we have some pics of 93 semi finals (any of the 3) to equal it up and put us in a better mood please.

3 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

We lost 8-0 and you pick out Pressman was shocking, doesn't take a genius to realise that the whole team were shocking. Pretty sure Newcastle were bottom of league before game, think we replaced em there after match. Glad you picked out such an happy occasion to cheer us up with! Can we have some pics of 93 semi finals (any of the 3) to equal it up and put us in a better mood please.

Definitely Pressman's fault for that 7th.

6 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

Watch the youtube clip of the Gary Shelton overhead kick from the 1984 promotion season instead.

lol

Off memory des walker played with flu such was our lack of squad depth.

Wilson should have gone then, inherited a good team and destroyed it quick, long term damage still not fully repaired 16 years on, unbelievable really.

Just now, Ash77 said:

Off memory des walker played with flu such was our lack of squad depth.

Wilson should have gone then, inherited a good team and destroyed it quick, long term damage still not fully repaired 16 years on, unbelievable really.

Totally agree.

Utter madness that he kept his job after that.

Just braved reliving it and apart from 2 pens, 6 other goals seemed to come from wide play n crosses.

Goes to show how important good deliveries from wide play are and also obviously the need to defend them or stop them coming in the 1st place! 

3 minutes ago, Patient zero said:

Watch the youtube clip of the Gary Shelton overhead kick from the 1984 promotion season instead.

lol

Remember listening to radio commentary Bannister must have been injured as he was co commentator and he said we are well on top I think we will score soon, my Dad said what a stupid comment, 30 seconds later Shelts scored, cue bedlam in the house followed by constant mickey taking out of my Dad. Strange how you remember silly things from the big games in your childhood. Your right though fantastic memories from that 1, I knew we were going up after that match and I would finally see us top flight. Hope todays young uns soon get similar memories

13 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

Newcastle United 8-0 Sheffield Wednesday.

Pressman, Newsome, Walker, Thome, Nicholson, Alexandersson, Sonner, Donnelly (Sibon), De Bilde, Booth (Carbone), Rudi (Haslam).

Subs not used: Srnicek & O'Donnell.

Petter Rudi used to like him.

No wonder we got smashed not a lot of character in midfield.

Needed Hutch in there.

lol