What's happening with the Hillsborough crowd?

On 03/12/2016 at 20:00, shandypants said:

Why was the crowd so quiet for the first 60 minutes today? It's been particularly quiet for the last three or four home games and, generally, the atmosphere has been on the wane for a few years now.  Why?

It needs the team to fire the crowd up,they did for the first 20 minutes then they lost there way 

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 20:57, modboy said:

CC was getting annoyed with the crowd apathy today.

The fans pay through the nose to see the football. It's a bit rich that the manager is having a go at the fans for not making noise. The manager and players are paid to entertain the fans, do that and there will be plenty of noise.

It's all got turned upside down somewhere.

I think this season's home matches have been frustrating. Games that should have been put to bed in the first half, have ended too close for comfort. Other games we have dominated possession for large parts and not made it pay. Other times teams have come deliberately to get a point and made it difficult for us. Our forwards have miss fired or  our midfield has not been able to create something special. Some part of the team or other hasn't quite clicked. In short, we haven't been consistent and this causes anxiety amongst our support on the terraces. In turn the anxiety rubs off on the player and it then hampers their performance !! Its sort of self fulfilling. High expectation is also part of the issue.

To my mind, buying and playing youngish good players with experience of the championship and lower end prem involvement, is only part of the requirement. we could do with a few players with "big situation" experience/older heads muddled in with the younger players and I'm talking about playing a couple of 32/35+ years of age ex-international standard. Been there and done it types, still wanting a challenge. 

14 minutes ago, modboy said:

maybe we need to join the clacker "revolution" :ph34r:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Biggest atmosphere killer going.

American football-like plastic fans who can't even be arsed to clap, slapping f****g clackers onto their other arm.

As regards the atmosphere, this season hasn't taken off properly yet and it's very much after the Lord Mayors (nearly) parade last year. 

It'll liven up when things get more interesting as the season unfolds, same as last season.

Don't forget, everyone was moaning last year and then we had a couple of the best atmosphere games ever. 

There are few things in this world that make me want to sing more than watching the ball be slowly passed along the back four.

The football isn't consistently good quality.  In fact, I would go so far as to say the quality of the football this season has been boring in large spells.  Like it or not, it does affect the energy and enthusiasm from the crowd. 

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

The game was as dull as dishwater up to the last 15mins.

Most of the games this season have been hard to watch, slow, negative, boring football for most part, especially in the early parts of games.

First 15 was great too. Then drab until the last 15.

The long delays when Wallace, Hutch and Loovens went down/subbed lost us momentum understandably.

But yes, the passing across the back for is not for me.

45 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

There are few things in this world that make me want to sing more than watching the ball be slowly passed along the back four.

The football isn't consistently good quality.  In fact, I would go so far as to say the quality of the football this season has been boring in large spells.  Like it or not, it does affect the energy and enthusiasm from the crowd. 

We should start doing ole, ole every time it's passed sideways or Hunt has nobody to pass forward to, so turns back around. it could be the next cult thing, like the teddy bears in the 1990s. But not as good. But still funny.

So many people have caught ADHD from their kids and their ipads/iphones

How can a full 90+ minute football compete with modern technology and instant gratification?

And watching the team pass the ball...why not introduce another 6 nets and be allowed to shoot and score in either of them?

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

1 hour ago, Whatahoot said:

I think this season's home matches have been frustrating. Games that should have been put to bed in the first half, have ended too close for comfort. Other games we have dominated possession for large parts and not made it pay. Other times teams have come deliberately to get a point and made it difficult for us. Our forwards have miss fired or  our midfield has not been able to create something special. Some part of the team or other hasn't quite clicked. In short, we haven't been consistent and this causes anxiety amongst our support on the terraces. In turn the anxiety rubs off on the player and it then hampers their performance !! Its sort of self fulfilling. High expectation is also part of the issue.

To my mind, buying and playing youngish good players with experience of the championship and lower end prem involvement, is only part of the requirement. we could do with a few players with "big situation" experience/older heads muddled in with the younger players and I'm talking about playing a couple of 32/35+ years of age ex-international standard. Been there and done it types, still wanting a challenge. 

Like Chris Marsden and Ronnie Wallwork?