Forestieri new contract

Chairman Dejphon Chansiri has confirmed the club will consider offering Fernando Forestieri a new long-term contract if the striker maintains his fine form.

After an inconsistent start to the campaign, Forestieri has looked back to his best in recent weeks.

The 26-year-old has scored in each of his last two matches, taking his goals tally for the season to five.

Forestieri, a key figure in Watford’s promotion-winning side in 2015, penned a four-year deal when he moved to Hillsborough last year.

But speaking at Monday night’s Steering Group Meeting, Chansiri confirmed: “If he carries on showing commitment to the club, we will consider offering him a contract.”

Forestieri is expected to lead the line when the Owls welcome Preston North End on Saturday. Victory over the Lilywhites could move Wednesday back into the Championship’s play-off zone.

Carlos Carvalhal’s side will be looking to make a strong start to their December schedule, with three of the next four fixtures at Hillsborough.

“We are better than last season, the big difference was the efficiency but we have found a way to score goals,” insisted Carvalhal.

“The level of the football is very high, we are playing really very well and are in a very good way.

“I hope we can stay like this all season.”

Edited by Beholder

Can't say fairer than that. 

Did read on here a few days ago that a new contract was in the offing in the summer, but Fernando had his head turned by interest from Swansea. 

The offer was subsequently withdrawn. If he wants to be here, is committed to the cause and keeps producing then he should be given a new deal. 

5 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Be interesting to see if there is renewed interest in him around January.

I will also be interesting to see how deep his commtiment runs should interest arise and a new contract offer is on the table.

Sniff of a PR stunt here I think.

That is the exact response I and probably the club were waiting for

1 minute ago, Holmes said:

The conspiracists are gonna love this thread.

Yep lol 

8 minutes ago, paul92vr6 said:

It's also amazing how his form has picked up just before the Jan window.

I still firmly feel he'll leave in January. Very good player and will obviously attract interest from top Championship/Premier League clubs. 

I'm unsure whether it's a coincidence that his form has dramatically improved prior to the Transfer Window.

Guest Copthorneowl

As I said long time ago if DC had been steeped in football experience he would have known based on last years performances he had to up FF's contract to match or better inferior players coming in (Fletcher perhaps others), 

He didn't and we did not deal with it properly at the time and what followed derailed us for a period. Forestiero has more than proved he's our best player and we need to put the horse before the cart. Forget the crap about playing for a move in January he's done all that's been asked of him, played out of his boots on occasions and specifically last week. We have nobody in our team remotely as good or important. Get him signed up on a better extended contract quick as.

Why are fans still so guarded and negative.

39 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Whatever happens, we won't be selling him to a promotion rival. Especially flipping Derby. 

Hopefully he gets a contract that recognises his value to us. 

He is our best player. Simple as that. 

He has the ability to be our best player by far, but he has been light years below such a level this season.  Let's hope Fulham and Wolves are the true start of his 16/17 season  performances

37 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

As I said long time ago if DC had been steeped in football experience he would have known based on last years performances he had to up FF's contract to match or better inferior players coming in (Fletcher perhaps others), 

He didn't and we did not deal with it properly at the time and what followed derailed us for a period. Forestiero has more than proved he's our best player and we need to put the horse before the cart. Forget the crap about playing for a move in January he's done all that's been asked of him, played out of his boots on occasions and specifically last week. We have nobody in our team remotely as good or important. Get him signed up on a better extended contract quick as.

Why are fans still so guarded and negative.

Wake up and smell the coffee... 

He still did the dirty on us. Fans have the right to upset with him, you should be. Maybe for some, he hasn't yet done enough to warrant being forgiven. 2 good games on the trot (lets be honest, thats all he's had) and fans are supposed to forgive and forget? Not so sure about that. As some have said, transfer window coming up. It could be a further ploy to engineer a move? You dont know one way, you dont know the other... Thats why some fans are still guarded and negative. I dont blame them

I dont really care anymore as far as he's concerned. Its gone on too long now for me to even batter an eyelid. If he goes he goes, if he stays he stays. 

Guest Copthorneowl
11 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He has the ability to be our best player by far, but he has been light years below such a level this season.  Let's hope Fulham and Wolves are the true start of his 16/17 season  performances

Come on Holmowl lets be accurate there have been some games and not that many that he's been guilty of underperforming. It's not like you to exaggerate wildly, and he is our best player never mind "has the ability". His last two performances arguably better than any last year (imo of course).

16 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

No, his true start of the season was in August, when he won us the Villa game. He's been the difference in plenty of games since. 

Its fair to say we'd be in the lower reaches of the championship this season without his contribution so far.