Sheffield Wednesday striker Stevie May

4 hours ago, aeroswfc said:

Sergiu Bus - 1 goal in 6 home games & 0 goals in 4 away games.

Steven Fletcher - 2 goals in 8 home games & 1 goal in 5 away games.

Gary Hooper - 11 goals in 25 home games & 7 away goals in 26 away games.

Lucas Joao - 5 goals in 24 Home games & 4 goals in 26 away games.

Atdhe Nuhiu - 12 goals in 69 home games & 12 goals in 81 away games.

Fernando Forestieri - 13 goals in 27 home games & 5 goals in 20 away games.

Sergiu bus is the forgotten man

He came, he saw, he con... oop's, erm he left....

A Bit like much of Jockland at the presant, sounds good, promises much, wants everything and thinks they are it - but in reality offers so little..

Where, oh where, was Jimmy Crankie's love child when Stevie needed her ?

I'm with Trump, we should build a wall and keep the free loading feckers out...

lol

I liked Stevie, he was very unlucky not to get more than 7 goals for us. Had at least 3 ruled out incorrectly. Bolton at home in particular was a disgraceful decision. Shame he didn't get time to work with some proper wingers like Wallace rather than Maghoma and Maguire.

12 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I liked Stevie, he was very unlucky not to get more than 7 goals for us. Had at least 3 ruled out incorrectly. Bolton at home in particular was a disgraceful decision. Shame he didn't get time to work with some proper wingers like Wallace rather than Maghoma and Maguire.

As much as I liked SM, I think the club was right to sell him on. I quickly reached the conclusion that he wasn't fast enough, didn't have enough power in his boots and certainly wasn't big enough to be a target man. Shame he wasn't quite good enough because I think he'd have become a real fans favourite if he'd been successful. 

I bloody loved Stevie May when we signed him. As a Scot in the crowd away at Brighton I doubt i'll ever forget the slightly odd feeling of discovering we'd signed a potential Scotland international striker mid-game, minutes before Giles Coke scored. It was a cracking day, that. Bright sunshine and a Wednesday win away at an expected playoff contender.

Ultimately based on the form he displayed, he would always have ended up leaving if we assume that Chansiri was always coming in. I was always rooting for the guy but he just didn't show enough to warrant keeping ahead of the other options we could bring in.

That being said, the woman behind me in the stands constantly having a go at him for being Scottish really did my boobies in. I never heard her slag off Will Keane for being from Lancashire.

My view is that he was a terrible finisher and along with Nuhiu formed one of the worst strike partnerships iv seen at Hillsboro in the last 15/20 years. 

The amount of simple chances these 2 missed was absolutely staggering. I remember a game and I can't remember who it was against but May should have have scored 4. One of his worst misses in that game was a fresh air shot from the edge of the 6 yard box with only the keeper to beat. 

I remember on here reading that he doesn't get the "correct service" but when he did get chances they were wasted. It was the same about him making clever runs etc, half of the time he was just running down a blind alley and didn't know what to do when he got the ball. Any centre half with a little bit about him completely owned stevie may. 

Stuart Gray came in for criticism for negative tactics etc but ultimately it was his strikers that cost him his job. The defence kept a record amount of clean sheets but the strikers probably missed a record amount of chances.