Sheffield Wednesday striker Stevie May

I just KNOW I'll be in the minority here, but I was sad to see him leave

Such a good scoring record in Scotland and included in Strachan's senior squad as probably their youngest player - I suppose the pressure was on

He scored a few goals and then had that game at Hillsborough (was it Norwich 0-0?) when he could/should have scored four or five but it wouldn't go in for him

I seem to think Stuart had a moan and dropped him and his confidence took a hit

Then, once we were clear from the drop zone Stuart gave Lavery a run and rotated between Nuhiu, May, Bus & Keane alongside him

I got the impression Carlos didn't want to sell but couldn't guarantee game time, so off he went

I thought £1m plus add-ons was too cheap an' all, but then he got injured so it looks like a good bit of business

Shame really

Favourite memory: Setting up Atdhe's goal at ManC in the FA Cup (and celebrating our winner at Rotherham)

I was sad to see him leave too. I only saw him play a handful of times but when I did see him play he always looked our most dangerous player, and the last time I saw him play he came on as a sub and scored. I just got the impression his confidence had been knocked and that things would turn around for him under Carlos, but obviously CC had other plans.

I actually really liked his personality and you could see he was giving everything on the pitch.  Just didn't quite have enough pace and power to make a difference at this level.  TBF I thought we were fortunate to get the Preston transfer fee.

My favourite memory of Stevie May would be when he jumped on the Reading defenders back at Hillsborough.  For a second or two it looked like the Reading player was giving him a piggy back.  Shame it didn't work out as I bet he was a good lad to have around the squad.

Edited by East Yorks Owl

21 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

I actually really liked his personality and you could see he was giving everything on the pitch.  Just didn't quite have enough pace and power to make a difference at this level.  TBF I thought we were fortunate to get the Preston transfer fee.

My favourite memory of Stevie May would be when he jumped on the Reading defenders back at Hillsborough.  For a second or two it looked like the Reading player was giving him a piggy back.  Shame it didn't work out as I bet he was a good lad to have around the squad.

You mean THIS?

Stevie May Piggyback.gif

:duntmatter:

40 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Tell you what would be an interesting stat to see

All our strikers and how many they score per game at home, and how many per game away

Sergiu Bus - 1 goal in 6 home games & 0 goals in 4 away games.

Steven Fletcher - 2 goals in 8 home games & 1 goal in 5 away games.

Gary Hooper - 11 goals in 25 home games & 7 away goals in 26 away games.

Lucas Joao - 5 goals in 24 Home games & 4 goals in 26 away games.

Atdhe Nuhiu - 12 goals in 69 home games & 12 goals in 81 away games.

Fernando Forestieri - 13 goals in 27 home games & 5 goals in 20 away games.