David Jones

IMO the best player over the last few games. You don't always notice his contribution but he does a great job in breaking up our opponents moves. Thought we became weaker when he was bought off and Saturday which showed when we conceded. Plenty of folks have said our summer business was poor, but his purchase was certainly a good one. 

l thought taking both Reach &. Jones off were mistakes Carlos made at the time and hindsight only reinforces that opinion.

There's some very interesting choices coming up regarding our offensive shape, big name players on big wages are going to have to be left out just because we have too many to play at once.

How quickly and successfully Carlos does this will decide his future here I for one hope he gets it right.

27 minutes ago, sage owl said:

l thought taking both Reach &. Jones off were mistakes Carlos made at the time and hindsight only reinforces that opinion.

There's some very interesting choices coming up regarding our offensive shape, big name players on big wages are going to have to be left out just because we have too many to play at once.

How quickly and successfully Carlos does this will decide his future here I for one hope he gets it right.

Reach was rubbish on saturday 

1 hour ago, dani_armo said:

He looks a steady player but don't think he really improves what we had. If we had another cb I'd pick hutch over him in the middle. Hope he proves me wrong 

bang on that for me, hutch was brilliant in there last season, reach is another who doesn't improve things from last season, although a steady player

2 hours ago, markjr2401 said:

IMO the best player over the last few games. You don't always notice his contribution but he does a great job in breaking up our opponents moves. Thought we became weaker when he was bought off and Saturday which showed when we conceded. Plenty of folks have said our summer business was poor, but his purchase was certainly a good one. 

Agreed. He does the dirty work that goes un-noticed. 

What I did notice about him on Saturday is that his passes were often direct to players' feet rather than hoofing balls over the top that they have to control first. This enabled us to get moving straight away after receiving the pass, rather than having to have several touches to control it first which gave Ipswich's players the chance to close us down.