Team and score v Derby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Westwood/Dawson~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lees~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hutch~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Palmer~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Pudil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Jones~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Bannan~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lee~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Reach~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Forestieri~~~~~~~~~~~~Fletcher~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subs

Dawson/Westwood

Loovens

Hunt

Wallace

Abdi

Hooper

Nuhiu

Derby County 2 - 2 The Wednesday (Bannan, Hooper)

Westwood/Dawson

Palmer

Lees

Hutchinson

Pudil

Bannan

Lee

Wallace

Jones

Fletcher/Hooper

Forestieri

Wednesday silkily(is that a proper word!) going into a 2-0 lead by half time.Cue Mr maclaren to leave his seat up on high to try and salvage something,but all to no avail as an 88th min diving header from Sammy creates scenes of delirium from the 3100!

Icing on cake!

Scorers: Fletcher 4,Lee 29,Sammy 88

Dawson

Palmer. Lees. Hutch. Pudil

Jones

Buckley. Lee. Bannan. Reach

FF

Fletcher

Somebody soon is going to get a right good tonking from us, hopefully it's Derby. 4 - 1 to us !!

5 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Dawson

Jones

FF

Fletcher

Somebody soon is going to get a right good tonking from us, hopefully it's Derby. 4 - 1 to us !!

They might get a good tanking if we play 12 v 11.

5 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Dawson

Jones

FF

Fletcher

Probably will if the ref allows us to field 12 players

Westwood (if fit)

Palmer.   Lees.   Hutch.   Pudil.   

Jones

FF.     Bannan.   Lee.   Reach.   

Fletcher.   

This will be a very very tough match, they have an excellent defensive record and with all the talent in their squad it's only a matter of time until they click going forward.... hopefully after tomorrow.

That said we haven't beaten these in 10 years so we are definitely due a win, the side i'd go with would be:

Westwood

Palmer

Hutchinson

Lees

Pudil

Bannan

Jones

Lee

Wallace

Forestieri

Hooper

I'll go with 1-0 to Wednesday with Forestieri getting the winner after all the crap that went off with Derby and their derisory bids for our star man in August. Key tomorrow is having a fully fit Westwood in goal.

I sometimes think I am in some parallel football universe on here, where goals dont matter, and that the points are awarded on the prettiness of the football or the footballers.

In the 12 months that we have employed Gary Hooper he has scored 17 goals as a striker.

During that same 12 months, Fernando has scored 2 as a striker. TWO. And one of those, v udders, was a pen. 

But in this thread, as every team pick thread, 3/4 of us want FF playing as a striker rather than deeper. Despite the fact that from deep he scores shedloads. 

What is it that you guys see in him as a striker, that I dont? Its not goals, so what is it?

With our current midfield options he is not good enough to get a place deeper as you call it.

He is not a good enough wide player to play the way Carlos wants to play away from home.

We have some good strikers , they need to work their socks off to justify selection. Great position for the manager to be in.

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

With our current midfield options he is not good enough to get a place deeper as you call it.

He is not a good enough wide player to play the way Carlos wants to play away from home.

We have some good strikers , they need to work their socks off to justify selection. Great position for the manager to be in.

Surely you are not saying that he should replace a better striker, because he is not good enough to get into our Xl deeper?

And btw, I personally think he is easily good enough to play wide or deep for us.

I'd start Fletch over Hooper but only because we really needed height last Saturday. Think we would have bagged another if Fletch had come on sooner. I don't think Hoops deserves to be benched but at the same time I think we lack creativity without FF.

I'm glad I don't have to make the decision!

I fancy Reach with a goal soon. 

Where have I said who should play up front. I am very open minded about our strikers. It will change depending on opposition and how Carlos wants to play. If FF is not chosen up front he should be on the bench.

I saw a very good performance from 4 very good midfield players on Saturday against qpr. I would not leave any of them out to start FF in midfield .

Just now, oldishowl said:

Where have I said who should play up front. I am very open minded about our strikers. It will change depending on opposition and how Carlos wants to play. If FF is not chosen up front he should be on the bench.

I saw a very good performance from 4 very good midfield players on Saturday against qpr. I would not leave any of them out to start FF in midfield .

Apologies. I understood from your previous post that you thought we have to play FF up top because he is not good enough to play in our midfield.

Westwood (if fit)

Palmer

Lees

Hutch

Pudil

Bannan

Lee

Jones

Reach

Hooper 

FF

I'd like to see Hooper and Forestieri start again up front as it worked so well against Huddersfield.

Hooper's hold up play has improved and he's a better goalscorer than Fletcher. 

12 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I sometimes think I am in some parallel football universe on here, where goals dont matter, and that the points are awarded on the prettiness of the football or the footballers.

In the 12 months that we have employed Gary Hooper he has scored 17 goals as a striker.

During that same 12 months, Fernando has scored 2 as a striker. TWO. And one of those, v udders, was a pen. 

But in this thread, as every team pick thread, 3/4 of us want FF playing as a striker rather than deeper. Despite the fact that from deep he scores shedloads. 

What is it that you guys see in him as a striker, that I dont? Its not goals, so what is it?

He's the archetypal number ten. Not to mention we have just beaten Huddersfield and QPR with FF and Hooper up front and both scored.