Clubs History

I don't post too much on here but I am an avid reader of all things Sheffield Wednesday and as such I always look forward to anything by Kivo or Dunsby.

I know a lot of people share my views and would ask that someone from here officially contacts the club and asks for their support in proving a means for keeping all the excellent contributions over the years for the perpetuity of the club.

Also it would be good if both of them and others could post directly ( be vetted of course) to the Official SWFC site so that some of the excellent articles are shared with the wider SWFC community. I believe MR Chansiri would look very favourably on this.

What do you all think?

11 minutes ago, Thurgoland Owl said:

I don't post too much on here but I am an avid reader of all things Sheffield Wednesday and as such I always look forward to anything by Kivo or Dunsby.

I know a lot of people share my views and would ask that someone from here officially contacts the club and asks for their support in proving a means for keeping all the excellent contributions over the years for the perpetuity of the club.

Also it would be good if both of them and others could post directly ( be vetted of course) to the Official SWFC site so that some of the excellent articles are shared with the wider SWFC community. I believe MR Chansiri would look very favourably on this.

What do you all think?

not sure the club are that interested in our history .....we have very little on display that celebrates our distant triumphs and great players .

7 hours ago, Soul Power said:

We could do with something like Preston have. I have not been in it but I have heard their football museum is worth seeing. If we could create our own near the club shop and ask for donations plenty of people would help contribute.

I think you're thinking of the National Football Museum, which was housed at Deepdale from 1998 to 2012 (when it was controversially relocated to what used to be Urbis in central Manchester). It's basically FIFA's museum and archive collection, not particularly Preston-affiliated other than once being kept at Deepdale (which was then the oldest continually used ground).

Still well worth a visit if you're in the Manchester area, incidentally. Decent for kids too, not just us grown-up nerds.

Edited by Mr. Tom

To be fair, whilst I do enjoy reading and adding to what Kivo and Dunsby post on here the vast majority of it is already archived, via local and national press archives, available to anyone who bothers to search it and paste it here. Replicating it again in the club officially would just be making a vast duplicate. The unofficial books people publish mainly use this information as a starting point where possible and build on it via other means.

What really needs to happen is an actual museum, either physical or online, which links those stories from the archives with actual items of interest such as boots, trophies, busts, tickets, scarves etc to bring the narrative to life.

One thing I'd love to know is how many times did Pembridge win player of the season. 

N-once, once, or twonce 

And was it managers player, players player, or fans player of the year. 

Pleat loved him didn't he! 

Torryowl n Davey would love to know as well

Edited by Rogers

12 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

I think you're thinking of the National Football Museum, which was housed at Deepdale from 1998 to 2012 (when it was controversially relocated to what used to be Urbis in central Manchester). It's basically FIFA's museum and archive collection, not particularly Preston-affiliated other than once being kept at Deepdale (which was then the oldest continually used ground).

Still well worth a visit if you're in the Manchester area, incidentally. Decent for kids too, not just us grown-up nerds.

I'm going tomorrow coincidently. 

Loved it last time I went.

12 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Didn't realise it had been moved. Thanks for update.

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 20:30, Mr. Tom said:

Been considering going there.

On 10/24/2016 at 08:38, Rogers said:

One thing I'd love to know is how many times did Pembridge win player of the season. 

N-once, once, or twonce 

And was it managers player, players player, or fans player of the year. 

Pleat loved him didn't he! 

Torryowl n Davey would love to know as well

i do know ....it was badman