Lick of Paint

Don't want a new stadium. Would people really like a plastic bowl in an industrial estate like Derby, Wigan, Sunderland etc. Just modify Leppings lane like the World cup video and Hillsborough would be glorious and one of the best grounds in the prem. Modern and tradition. 

2 hours ago, AgileBeastt said:

Apart from looking better is it really going to bring more fans to watch us play? Im all for having a refreshed looking ground but it's just a waste of money really. 

Depends. It may attract better sponsors and pay for itself. Look at the back of the West stand, would you have your multi-national company name/logo on it? Like sticking a Tiffany brooch on a dog egg.

31 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Don't want a new stadium. Would people really like a plastic bowl in an industrial estate like Derby, Wigan, Sunderland etc. Just modify Leppings lane like the World cup video and Hillsborough would be glorious and one of the best grounds in the prem. Modern and tradition. 

Those plans were really good. expanded capacity to 44,000 as well didn't it. You got to imagine DC is looking at those.

Probobably less than £10k in materials/labour, plus about half a million to ensure Health & Safety is adhered to: Safety nets/bouncy castles to break a fall, bits of a rope, a hat to ensure no paint got in anyone's hair. That kinda shizzle.

1 hour ago, VBQ24 said:

We don't know Chansiri's plans for the ground yet. He could demolish the Lepp next season, equally he could unveil plans for a new stadium especially if we go up.

I've just had the decorators in and can confirm that it would be cheaper to demolish Hillsborough than repaint it.

Need spraying equipment for a job that size.

Don't bother with scaffolding (too expensive) I can lend Nuhiu my plastering stilts, he's a big lad he might be able to reach and he'd get a bit of exercise now he's only playing the last 15 minutes.

I would volunteer myself but only if I can paint it in blue and white stripes like we used to play in, none of this pinstripe nonsense.