Fulfilling Potential

Now that we have got Reach, a player who I think will go on to live up to his potential and take us to the next level. 

That got me thinking who was the last player that you remember where you thought wow. What a player we have got here............... and then they turned out to be rubbish. 

I will kick us off with my two.... 

Rhys McCabe 

And going way back...

Francesco Sanetti.

Rhys McCabe for sure. Derby away first game of the season thought he looked class for a 19 year old. Must have been an application thing for him. Didn't come across as the brightest of lads either.

Rodri. After that Birmingham game, thought he was special. Didn't work out. Not that we gave him much chance.

8 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

At one point, I thought Sean McAllister would become the answer to all our midfield woes.

Turns out I was wrong.

I was always impressed with him, a neat and tidy passer. Along with Alan Quinn though one of the shortest footballers I have ever seen.

Steve Downes!!   If I recall correctly, he scored on his debut and after that he did very little else in the rest of his time at Hillsborough.  I remember a comment from someone in the crowd one day along the lines of "look at Downes, wandering abaht like a spare kn*b at a wedding".  That pretty much summed up most of his displays in a blue and white shirt.

Etienne Esajas.

Signed by Law's I think was, to replace Brunt. Had a few tricks and a hammer of a left foot.

After his first couple of games, I thought we'd signed a genuine one-man match winner, bit like brunt was on his day.

Instead he disappeared from the matchday squad, drove around Sheffield in his Lamborghini and picked up a wage for doing f-all. Modern football at its best. Straight from the Kenny Lunt handbook.