Last Night

Guest splott parker

Guest splott parker

I know that Aberfan has been mentioned already on this forum but it would like to add my thanks to the Wednesday fans who were down The City last night. Bit of a tough week in South Wales, tomorrow's minute's silence throughout Wales will be very difficult. Don't know if you're aware but some club's fans have taunted us with 'Aberfan ha ha ha' chants over the years, so glad we played you last night and Bristol City last week, could have been dodgy playing them this week. Thanks again to Wednesday players and fans, very much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Soul Power said:

Thanks for that Splott. Our fans always try to show respect. Some things are far more important than football even though Bill Shankly saw it differently.

If you read the Bill Shankly biography it is explained that quote was meant ironically rather than literally

1 hour ago, Soul Power said:

. Some things are far more important than football even though Bill Shankly saw it differently.

Prawn cocktail, coq au vin, Black Forest gateau and Babycham for starters.

well probably just the prawn cocktail for starters but you know what I mean.

on a serious note, I always like to think that we usually behave appropriately in such moments. We need to remember the huge number of people that are alive today that are still personally affected by this.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

Your fans were very complementary after our visit last night

" Wouldn't expect anything less from the Wednesday fans. Without dragging the post off topic, I don't understand how two teams from the same city could be so polar opposite. I've always found Wednesday fans great and the United fans littered with odious cretins. "

Guest Copthorneowl

Travelled to the game and in the crowd, I'm always a tad worried with minutes silence think that's why most are now minutes applause. However this tragedy required the respect of silence which was impeccably observed by everyone in the ground well done every fan and in particular ours.

RIP all those children.