Goalkeeper Confidence.............

2 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

In all honesty its pointless to mention names, because for one we don't know keepers well enough outside of the premier league and secondly, we don't know the details of their contracts, possible transfer values or wages demands. That's me being honest. All i would say is that i think that Westwood should be pushed by a more experienced keeper than either Wildsmith or Dawson. Kean doesn't seem to figure in Carlos' plans at all.

Maybe because Price left for Rotherham so late in the window, Kean was the best choice available to us?

Anyhow, it's our 3rd choice, now possibly 4th choice, goalkeeper we are talking about here. Probably already wasted enough time discussing it! lol

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Maybe because Price left for Rotherham so late in the window, Kean was the best choice available to us?

Anyhow, it's our 3rd choice, now possibly 4th choice, goalkeeper we are talking about here. Probably already wasted enough time discussing it! lol

Yeah maybe to both lol.

dont know what the argument is about who plays in goal ....if the 1st choice is injured you play the back up keeper if you dont then whats the point of having him at the club ... ,carlos said in the" presser" he has confidence in all our keepers and lets face it he would know as he sees them everyday ..its carlos neck thats on the line so i'm sure he wouldnt play dawson if he thought he wasnt up to it .

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

dont know what the argument is about who plays in goal ....if the 1st choice is injured you play the back up keeper if you dont then whats the point of having him at the club ... ,carlos said in the" presser" he has confidence in all our keepers and lets face it he would know as he sees them everyday ..its carlos neck thats on the line so i'm sure he wouldnt play dawson if he thought he wasnt up to it .

Torry, i don't disagree with that analogy of playing a reserve keeper if your main keeper is unfit. However, my point was that there is a difference between knowing your keeper is struggling with an injury minutes before a game, maybe in the warm up and knowing that information 24 hours before a game. My point is that Carlos always goes on about not playing players when they aren't 100% fit and so if he knew that Westwood was carrying an injury, a slight knock or a niggle 24 hours before a game, then surely Dawson or Kean should have been chosen ahead of Westwood to start the game. But that didn't happen. Westwood was chosen and that is the premise of my argument when i say that maybe Carlos lacks confidence in the other keepers. As for declaring confidence in players in public, that is the default position of most managers, unless he has fallen out with the player in question, aka Di Canio and that young goalkeeper.

1 hour ago, Mick De Lyons said:

Torry, i don't disagree with that analogy of playing a reserve keeper if your main keeper is unfit. However, my point was that there is a difference between knowing your keeper is struggling with an injury minutes before a game, maybe in the warm up and knowing that information 24 hours before a game. My point is that Carlos always goes on about not playing players when they aren't 100% fit and so if he knew that Westwood was carrying an injury, a slight knock or a niggle 24 hours before a game, then surely Dawson or Kean should have been chosen ahead of Westwood to start the game. But that didn't happen. Westwood was chosen and that is the premise of my argument when i say that maybe Carlos lacks confidence in the other keepers. As for declaring confidence in players in public, that is the default position of most managers, unless he has fallen out with the player in question, aka Di Canio and that young goalkeeper.

Do you think he lacks confidence in half the outfield players as well then?.....Why did Bannon play against Huddersfield on the back of a couple of international games when we clearly had fresher players available....similarly Bannon carried on playing for quite a while when clearly injured in a recent home game.....and Hutchinson plays every week whilst looking like he could be carted off to A&E at any moment.

Its not a case of having no confidence in others, managers clearly want their best players on the pitch wherever possible and would have a 70% fit Fletcher, Hooper or Forestieri in the team rather than a player not as good who may be 100%

Fans need to realise that what managers and players say to the press (and fans) is one thing which is generally about managing expectations and players and what they actually think and do is another

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Do you think he lacks confidence in half the outfield players as well then?.....Why did Bannon play against Huddersfield on the back of a couple of international games when we clearly had fresher players available....similarly Bannon carried on playing for quite a while when clearly injured in a recent home game.....and Hutchinson plays every week whilst looking like he could be carted off to A&E at any moment.

Its not a case of having no confidence in others, managers clearly want their best players on the pitch wherever possible and would have a 70% fit Fletcher, Hooper or Forestieri in the team rather than a player not as good who may be 100%

Fans need to realise that what managers and players say to the press (and fans) is one thing which is generally about managing expectations and players and what they actually think and do is another

I'm aware of the difference between a public declaration and a private understanding Ian and i take onboard your sentiments abd agree with that. However, i'm judging Carlos on the policy he supposedly has on resting players. I'm pretty sure that last season Wildsmith started some games instead of Westwood with Carlos stating that he didn't want aggravate an injury concern. This season with Wildsmith being injured, he seems more reluctant to play Dawson from the start in games where clearly Westwood is unfit or struggling. I would have thought that Kean woukd have been the understudy, but obviously not.

Edited by Mick De Lyons

On 10/21/2016 at 01:20, ash60s said:

goalies union ?

hope that sentence wasn't too long?

Should start with a capital and there needs to be no space between the last letter and the the question mark.  Apart from that perfect.