extended highlights

Hard to make sense from 7 minutes of action, but Jones looked excellent, Hooper looks to have stolen Barry's duracells, Pudil looked a great attacking force, and had FF's shot gone in after 700 passes it was goal of the season.

7 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Dive in - get punished. Eg Bannan last year, Hutch every other week. Simples. 

As for highlights - good to see an Owls team so comfortable in possession - has only happened about twice in my lifetime. Don't get me wrong. I loved Bilko and Big Jack, but their teams were more muscle than subtle. 

Yes, I've finally got used to not shuddering when we're in possession of the ball

CC was the agent for change

21 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

Could say the same from the KO too.

Keepers should be well back on their line when the opposites kick off IMO, now this new rule has come into play.

21 hours ago, Dan™ said:

Do the new rules even allow you to score direct from the kick-off? I didn't expect so but I haven't read up on it. I would have thought another player needs to touch it first, like from a throw-in or indirect free kick.

Without wanting to sound like a smart *rse, you have always been able to score direct from a kick-off.  The kick-off new rule change has made no difference.  

The old rule stipulated that the ball has to go forward and so a shot was able to be taken.  

The new rule says the ball can move in any direction.  

Expect a rule update to allow the taker to be able to stand in the opposites half next season - this is still technically not allowed but is often abused.

4 minutes ago, Sgt Wilko said:

Without wanting to sound like a smart *rse, you have always been able to score direct from a kick-off.  The kick-off new rule change has made no difference.  

The old rule stipulated that the ball has to go forward and so a shot was able to be taken.  

The new rule says the ball can move in any direction.  

Expect a rule update to allow the taker to be able to stand in the opposites half next season - this is still technically not allowed but is often abused.

Being watching football for nearly fifty years and I never knew that.  You learn something new everyday.

2 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Being watching football for nearly fifty years and I never knew that.  You learn something new everyday.

I'd been watching and playing football for 30 years and only found out when I did my referee course.  It's funny sitting on the kop listening to all the experts but it's also very clear that a lot of players and coaches don't know a lot of the rules as well.