extended highlights

49 minutes ago, Quadzilla said:

Because he doesn't touch the ball and probably makes some contact with the player

He clearly does get the ball because of the direction the ball travels in as a result of the tackle.

Looks like he took it cleanly.

I don't think it was a free kick.

Robbed again :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He clearly does get the ball because of the direction the ball travels in as a result of the tackle.

Looks like he took it cleanly.

I don't think it was a free kick.

Robbed again :rolleyes:

Watch it at 0.25 speed, Hutch doesn't get the ball, the Cardiff player lays it off that way

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Watch it at 0.25 speed, Hutch doesn't get the ball, the Cardiff player lays it off that way

Can't do .25 speed but I'll take yr word for it. Too hard to tell off normal speed.

Good decision if yr right.

Edited by Beholder

Just now, Beholder said:

Can't do .25 speed but I'll take yr word for it. To hard to tell off normal speed.

Good decision if yr right.

At full speed it looked like a great tackle, I only put it down to slow-mo as I couldn't believe the ref got the decision so wrong

Just goes to show how much I knew :biggrin:

Just now, StudentOwl said:

At full speed it looked like a great tackle, I only put it down to slow-mo as I couldn't believe the ref got the decision so wrong

Just goes to show how much I knew :biggrin:

Just found the .25 speed setting and yep yr right.

Lays it off and then goes over his legs. 

Also, it didn't look like a free kick to me on first watching. Not because I thought Hutch won the ball, I always thought he was miles away from it, but because the Cardiff player went over by his own volition rather than a result of the contact. It doesn't even look like there was any contact, certainly not before he was already on his way down.

I'm not saying he dived, the way he laid off the ball while sprinting put him off-balance more than anything, but even watching it back at 25% speed there's not enough in that challenge for me and it's not a foul I would have given.