King Of Thailand Tribute - Bit weird?

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

I was prepared to observe and respect the minutes silence like I always do, but when that musical montage came on the big screen I couldn't control my urge to start laughing, I felt bad but I couldn't help it 

Beware the giggleloop.

Ciao Baby, the Thai buffet restaurant in Meadowhall has a discrete shrine for the King of Thailand. 

The common thread is that the Thai people are genuinely decent folk and we should count our lucky stars that we have a chairman that epitomises the Thai culture.

37 minutes ago, Corujas said:

Ciao Baby, the Thai buffet restaurant in Meadowhall has a discrete shrine for the King of Thailand. 

The common thread is that the Thai people are genuinely decent folk and we should count our lucky stars that we have a chairman that epitomises the Thai culture.

It's a shame they don't like stripes though.

Guest BULGARIA
On 10/22/2016 at 08:43, CEOwl said:

I don't even agree with our royalty and now I'm effectively being ordered to pay 2 minutes of respect to one half a world away.

Let's call a spade a spade here. It's ridiculous - it's laughable. It's also a cultural and political imposition that if we reversed i.e Englishman doing it to an Asian club - the liberal media would be up in arms screaming colonialism and the like.

My opposition is not personal to Mr Chansiri (we are lucky to have him given the way other clubs have gone) or the King of Thailand for that matter. It is just a sad state of affairs that so many English football clubs are now so dependent on needing huge cash injections just to get out of the second tier that we have become the playthings / pet projects of billionaires.

Take a look around during the 2 minutes today, at all of us paying the money we do, at so many wearing those new shirts, and now stood in silence for some far off foreign king (of a country where to criticise him in any way means prosecution), and tell me we dont bear some resemblance to zombies!

Top post.  Mine and all who were around me yesterday thoughts. It was ridiculous 

15 minutes ago, BULGARIA said:

Top post.  Mine and all who were around me yesterday thoughts. It was ridiculous 

Putting aside your political leanings, it doesn't hurt to show a little respect to someone who feels a tremendous loss at this time.