Pra thet thai ruam nu'a chat chu'a thai 
Pen pra cha rat pha thai kho'ng thai thuk suan 
Yu dam rong khong wai dai thang muan 
Duay thai luan mai rak sa mak 
khi Thai ni rak sa ngop 
tae thu'ng rop mai khalt 
Ek ka rat ¹ha mai hai khrai khom khi 
Sa la luat thuk yat pen chat phli 
Tha loeng pra thet chat thai tha wi mi chat chai yo.

Edited by owlZfan84
text change

2 hours ago, WC1Owl said:

If a British businessman owned a club in Thailand, and the Queen died, would it be weird for his business to pay tribute to the Queen? I submit that most people here would consider it a perfectly natural thing to do.

This is unrelated to any opinion I may have of either monarch.

Maybe not for the people who work for him - but not 20,000+ customers. 2 mins is an Armistice Day thing. I've never noticed it done in this country for anything else. Given the nature of football and the way away fans are it may not be respected. 

I'm not worked up about it at all - it's just a peculiar sign of the way football is nowadays.  Better be careful though:-

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/09/18/world/asia/thailand-king-lese-majeste.html

Thailand embraces in its bosom all people of Thai blood,  
  Land of Thailand belong to the Thais.
11 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Get learning lads..

ANTHEM LYRICS IN OFFICIAL LANGUAGE

Pra thet thai ruam nu'a chat chu'a thai 
Pen pra cha rat pha thai kho'ng thai thuk suan 
Yu dam rong khong wai dai thang muan 
Duay thai luan mai rak sa mak 
khi Thai ni rak sa ngop 
tae thu'ng rop mai khalt 
Ek ka rat ¹ha mai hai khrai khom khi 
Sa la luat thuk yat pen chat phli 
Tha loeng pra thet chat thai tha wi mi chat chai yo.

Long maintained its sovereignty,    
  All Thais intend to unite together.    
  Thais are peace-loving, but fight with courage    
  They shall allow no one to rob them of freedom.    
  Sacrificing every drop of blood for the nation,    

They will serve their country with pride and prestige, full of victory. Chai Yo (Cheers).

No idea why it went like that, but anyways there's the english version.lol

4 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Another club is doing it

Leicester. 

"tolerate it"

What is the big deal here? Yes it's different. But i don't see much wrong with showing a bit of respect to the owner of the club. We do minutes silences all the time for people we don't know, albeit i know many of them have had affiliation with the club. Players and fans all over the place pay respect for things that have no affiliation to them personally. 

And why is this suddenly a competition for minute silences - comparing it to remembrance sunday and aberfan

"well Aberfan only got a minute" 

Christ. We don't half have a whining fan base. 

Stay in the boozer at 3pm.

I wasn't suggesting that it was a competition, I was just making the comparison in order to illustrate why I felt it was a bit excessive. 

If you'd rather people with a different opinion to you stay away then you'd be left with an empty stadium.

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

I thought the King of Thailand was Yul Brynner - or was that Siam or summat?

lol

Where you've gone wrong there is you've confused popular culture with real life.

Edited by Cosmo

was over there last week ,all bars had to close on night of death and no loud /live music for at least a month.everyone wearing black ribbons and pictures of king and book of condolance in hotel.so wont hurt us to show respect to our chairman by keeping quiet for 2 minutes then let rip for 90

On 10/20/2016 at 21:22, Orlando_Trustful said:

Nice touch, but I do agree it is slightly odd.

Even after previously living there for nearly five years, and fully understanding how important he is to the Thai people, doing a two minutes silence for 25,000 or so English people is almost unprecedented.

Anyway, let's hope there's no cretins there on Saturday. 

the average football fan is a moron, no way it'll be silent for 2 mins, some haven't got the brain capacity 

Edited by FreshOwl

I don't even agree with our royalty and now I'm effectively being ordered to pay 2 minutes of respect to one half a world away.

Let's call a spade a spade here. It's ridiculous - it's laughable. It's also a cultural and political imposition that if we reversed i.e Englishman doing it to an Asian club - the liberal media would be up in arms screaming colonialism and the like.

My opposition is not personal to Mr Chansiri (we are lucky to have him given the way other clubs have gone) or the King of Thailand for that matter. It is just a sad state of affairs that so many English football clubs are now so dependent on needing huge cash injections just to get out of the second tier that we have become the playthings / pet projects of billionaires.

Take a look around during the 2 minutes today, at all of us paying the money we do, at so many wearing those new shirts, and now stood in silence for some far off foreign king (of a country where to criticise him in any way means prosecution), and tell me we dont bear some resemblance to zombies!