Almen Abdi to right back

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Wasn't he more of a wing back with a back three. Also didn't he hate playing there.

I'm not sure, I just read he played full back most of the season. He hated playing there but surely he hates sitting on the bench more? a good run of games at full back might help him settle in better than he has done, then in January if we signed a good RB he could get a place in midfield. 

6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

rather than have a 4m player sat on the bench

How much he cost and earns is not a reason for selecting him. The money is spent, the wage budget is set (for this half of the season anyway) so the only reason to pick players is to win matches not because they cost a lot or earn a lot. That money is gone either way and nothing is gained by playing them unless they are the best for the job (in the manager's opinion).

If he can do a better job than Palmer or Hunt then fair enough. Reach struggled a bit being played at full back.

6 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

How much he cost and earns is not a reason for selecting him. The money is spent, the wage budget is set (for this half of the season anyway) so the only reason to pick players is to win matches not because they cost a lot or earn a lot. That money is gone either way and nothing is gained by playing them unless they are the best for the job (in the manager's opinion).

If he can do a better job than Palmer or Hunt then fair enough. Reach struggled a bit being played at full back.

The point is although 'he doesn't like fullback' if he is a better fullback than the two we have (not unlikely) then he should be playing there rather than be on the bench-especially considering how much he costs

Edited by Ellis Rimmer

8 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I'm not sure, I just read he played full back most of the season. He hated playing there but surely he hates sitting on the bench more? a good run of games at full back might help him settle in better than he has done, then in January if we signed a good RB he could get a place in midfield. 

I can see your point not sure Carlos will though.

I don't see any reason why Lee should be moved from central midfield. He's one of the best midfielders in the league and we should build our team around him.

Palmer deserves a run at right back and a settled back four would be nice.

1 minute ago, Dave78 said:

I don't see any reason why Lee should be moved from central midfield. He's one of the best midfielders in the league and we should build our team around him.

Palmer deserves a run at right back and a settled back four would be nice.

why does he deserve a run? i'm not sure he deserves to be at the club any longer...

Lee's keeping him out of the team in his preferred central midfield role, I think that's all there is to it? With any other player I'd say he'll get his chance, but with Lee being such a machine, who knows when that will be...

I thinks its more likely he will be gone in January - its clearly not working for him here.

We don't play to his skills and its clear CC won't use him in his preferred position, which IMO is why he is struggling.

Unless we change to accommodate him properly there is little sense him staying here...a pity as the £4M could have been used more constructively.

Watford built a side around him and got promoted, however I don't think CC will do that here.  

He clearly has talent but it is not the right type to add to this team and the way we play.  A move away would probably be best for all parties.

13 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

why does he deserve a run? i'm not sure he deserves to be at the club any longer...

Because i think he's a better defender than Hunt.

I don't mind Hunt at home and Palmer away, but i hope we sign a right back in January that can attack and defend.

36 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

i say give it a shot.

5 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

He's never a right back In a million years. 

did a job in the premier league last season there tbf

4 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

I don't mind Hunt at home and Palmer away, but i hope we sign a right back in January that can attack and defend.

fair enough

6 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Think that's what Carlos will do Hunt at home, Palmer away. Which works for now. But when we do get a right back who can both attack and defend. Only then will we see just how poor Hunt and Palmer really were.