Colin's Comments...

5 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

I joined in May 2012 and have 496 posts to my name. You on the other hand joined in June this year and have 1,386 posts !!! and you talk about me having too much time on their hands lol. Give it a rest fella, you seem obsessed by this site. Take your own medicine, your nothing but a hypocrite with double standards and another who gets mardy if people have the temerity to hold a different view point.

I've been invited out tonight. When I get five minutes, you'll be getting a reply.

Don't know why posters are arguing about whether Colin is a good, average or poor manager.

IMO this is an irrelevant argument, whatever sort of manager is doesn't matter.

As a person the man is complete KNOBB. 

If you don't believe me just ask Garry garymegson

3 hours ago, Holmes said:

Reading what you said in the post I quoted from you does not tally with previous post I quoted.

Think you should revist what you said and make clear what you actually mean.

You seem to be misconstruing without any help from others.

What you've done is highlighted from a post where i was replying to someone about a varience to what we'd initially been talking about. The simple answer is that you have to judge a manager on his career as a whole, the clubs he's had and the status of those clubs. You're trying to imply thar Benitiz is the same standard as Warnock because he currently is a championshio manager. But that is futile, because although you have to take into account his current club, Benitiz has managed some of the most famous clubs in the world and in the top tier of their leagues. He happens to be at Newcastle and the majority of the problems there stemmed from before he came, hence the relegation. But you know all this anyway, so yes, you are miscontruing what my main theme was, by taking another quote where i was answering another member and taking it out of context.

Edited by Mick De Lyons

2 hours ago, thommowl said:

Going by this thread you're either a good, average or crap manager. I'm no warnock fan but he's definitely above average. 

Well, that's how it is, surely lol. If they were all good, no one woukd be getting the sack and plenty do. Stubbs has been sacked as a manager, because he is crap. Warnock kept them up, so he is average and Bruce got Hull up, so he is good lol. Works for me.

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I've been invited out tonight. When I get five minutes, you'll be getting a reply.

Oooh i'm shaking lol. The facts are there. You joined in July this year and have made 1368 posts and i joined in May 2012 and have made 496. Yet you say ive got too much time on my hands. I only answer a few threads and mainly concentrate on my own. I can do this because with a mobile you can answer any time and any place. Some people have uploaded thousands of posts and some names are in here all the time, including you it seems.

A short while ago, you paid me a compliment after i posted a thread with which you disagreed and said " your posts are normally sensible, wtf hapenned with this one ". We had a little verbal sword fight and here you are a few weeks later now saying " i'm a know all " and ive got too much time in my hands. But i wasn't a " know all " , when you were implying before our little ruck that i mostly made " sensible posts ". Yet here you are after that little verbal ruck, of which you had no decent answers to, implying i'm now all of a sudden a " know all " with too much time on my hands. You sound butt hurt too me from that last verbal exchange and then have the audacity to claim that i havw time on my hands, when you've posted three times as many posts in five months, than i have in ovee three years lol.

1 hour ago, Mick De Lyons said:

Oooh i'm shaking lol. The facts are there. You joined in July this year and have made 1368 posts and i joined in May 2012 and have made 496. Yet you say ive got too much time on my hands. I only answer a few threads and mainly concentrate on my own. I can do this because with a mobile you can answer any time and any place. Some people have uploaded thousands of posts and some names are in here all the time, including you it seems.

A short while ago, you paid me a compliment after i posted a thread with which you disagreed and said " your posts are normally sensible, wtf hapenned with this one ". We had a little verbal sword fight and here you are a few weeks later now saying " i'm a know all " and ive got too much time in my hands. But i wasn't a " know all " , when you were implying before our little ruck that i mostly made " sensible posts ". Yet here you are after that little verbal ruck, of which you had no decent answers to, implying i'm now all of a sudden a " know all " with too much time on my hands. You sound butt hurt too me from that last verbal exchange and then have the audacity to claim that i havw time on my hands, when you've posted three times as many posts in five months, than i have in ovee three years lol.

1917e8beb50b159effab597457cfe18f3b568195

2 hours ago, Blueblood said:

Why do most threads on Owlstalk turn into arguments about who's made up character is better than some body else's made up character. What happened to "discuss the post not the poster". 

I do try, but when someone say's " you're a know all ", its often an excuse for not accepting  that someone is speaking sense and they can't reply, because they no deep down that person is making sense. Most people have ego's on these sites and they soon come out. Often its the way someone interprets someone else's personality or because some people just live stiring the crap for no reason.

Edited by Mick De Lyons

12 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Don't know why posters are arguing about whether Colin is a good, average or poor manager.

IMO this is an irrelevant argument, whatever sort of manager is doesn't matter.

As a person the man is complete KNOBB. 

If you don't believe me just ask Garry garymegson

He got under his skin for sure

Warnock was an average top flight manager, but he's a very good championship/lower league manager.

I personally don't think he can simply be described as average after getting 8 promotions or whatever it is now, plus saving teams from relegations. If I had to name average managers to me they would be people like Danny Wilson, Nigel Clough, even Steve McClaren. Basically people who started their managerial careers with a little success at one club and have been dining off that ever since without really achieving anything.

At least with Warnock he's gone to numerous different clubs and actually made a difference to their fortunes, maybe not in an attractive way. But I think he does a good job all the same 

Whatever your view of Colin is, and there are many views amongst Wednesdayites, you can't deny that he knows how to do the mind games shizzle. He is an expert WUM which is part of his approach. 

For what it's worth, I think he knows exactly what he's doing. He puts on a character and sticks to it.

But I'll give him his dues, he actually does pay us genuine compliments on the odd occasions, in between his sarcastic quips, and I believe he respects us as fierce rivals. 

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Warnock was an average top flight manager, but he's a very good championship/lower league manager.

I personally don't think he can simply be described as average after getting 8 promotions or whatever it is now, plus saving teams from relegations. If I had to name average managers to me they would be people like Danny Wilson, Nigel Clough, even Steve McClaren. Basically people who started their managerial careers with a little success at one club and have been dining off that ever since without really achieving anything.

At least with Warnock he's gone to numerous different clubs and actually made a difference to their fortunes, maybe not in an attractive way. But I think he does a good job all the same 

By average, do you mean p!ss poor?  Decent at this level.