Colin's Comments...

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

average manager my arse.

He's very good in this division

You're talking out of your arse i'm afraid. I said he was an average manager and that is what he is. He has managed mainly in league two, league one and the championship. He started his management career in 1981 and was a league manager by 1986, so he has been in the game 35 years. In all that time he has had three brief stints in the top division. He took Notts County into the first division, then he took Sheffield United into the premiership and later Queens Park Rangers. All three stints lasted a short period of time. So if you look at his career as a whole, yes he is just an average manager. He is good in this division or can be, but this division (Championship) is the second tier and so once again its an average level to manage at, hence him being an average manager. To think anything else is delusional.

7 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

He has a habit of ending his sentences with the word " really ". All he can talk about is his team having some " heart " because he can't talk on any other level. We started slowly and he ended up clinging on for a point, so he can't shout his mouth off, hence the grudging half compliments about " they're a good side ". I don't like the bloke and his " i'm a decent bloke " act doesn't fool me. A full weight idiot and a very bitter and twisted bloke, who's an average manager to boot.

couldn't have put it better myself.

5 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

You're talking out of your arse i'm afraid. I said he was an average manager and that is what he is. He has managed mainly in league two, league one and the championship. He started his management career in 1981 and was a league manager by 1986, so he has been in the game 35 years. In all that time he has had three brief stints in the top division. He took Notts County into the first division, then he took Sheffield United into the premiership and later Queens Park Rangers. All three stints lasted a short period of time. So if you look at his career as a whole, yes he is just an average manager. He is good in this division or can be, but this division (Championship) is the second tier and so once again its an average level to manage at, hence him being an average manager. To think anything else is delusional.

not defending him but does he not hold the record for promotions

1 minute ago, debram said:

not defending him but does he not hold the record for promotions

He may do, but at lower league level. As i say, his success over a 35 year period have mainly come from what is now league two, one and the championship. He's had three stints in the top league and each lasted a season or less. So for 27 or 32 years of his managerial career, he has been out of the top tier. In my eyes, he's an average manager, because if he was a good one, he'd be wanted by premier league clubs and would have spent more than three or there abouts seasons in the top flight. I'm not saying he's crap, but average.

28 minutes ago, Mick De Lyons said:

He may do, but at lower league level. As i say, his success over a 35 year period have mainly come from what is now league two, one and the championship. He's had three stints in the top league and each lasted a season or less. So for 27 or 32 years of his managerial career, he has been out of the top tier. In my eyes, he's an average manager, because if he was a good one, he'd be wanted by premier league clubs and would have spent more than three or there abouts seasons in the top flight. I'm not saying he's crap, but average.

ok point taken but he will always be a thorn in my side until he retires

Whilst I can understand why some were clamouring for Warnock to be our boss previously, I basically call them numpties.   

Warnock now will always offer a short term fix, but long term?  Long term is where a Championship side should be looking and Warnock doesn't have a long term plan, he never does because he is basically a far better version of Irvine,  but who essentially has one plan fits all.   Be compact, be narrow, be in the refs face, be sneaky and sly, and be hard and resolute.    He lucked out one season with Utd and got them promoted.    

If you are staring relegation in the face then he's your man, if you have ambitions, well - I think you need a manager with a vision and allow that manager time to see that vision out.   So, this is where I hope that Carlos' vision from last season is still strong and hasn't been clouded by having such a large squad, possibly not entirely of his building

12 hours ago, OneDavidHirst said:

Superb picture

I personally like how Bully and Andy Rhodes are looking at him.

There's absolutely no doubt they are both thinking exactly the same thing....

"What a complete C_ NT"

If they are wise they should be watching and learning from someone who is an excellent championship manager. 

17 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

Sorry, but that's testicles. Warnock hasnt managed in the third tier of English football in over 20 years. And you don't get 8 promotions under your belt by being an 'average manager'. I would say the likes of Mick McCarthy and Simon Grayson are 'average managers'. Warnock is definitely a cut above those. 

45 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Sorry, but that's testicles. Warnock hasnt managed in the third tier of English football in over 20 years. And you don't get 8 promotions under your belt by being an 'average manager'. I would say the likes of Mick McCarthy and Simon Grayson are 'average managers'. Warnock is definitely a cut above those. 

No, its testicles that you are speaking i'm afraid to say. This is really really simple lol. Good managers manage consistently in the top leagues. Mark Hughes, AlanPardew, Sam Alerdyce but to name a few who have been around a while and are British and not really the best either. Out of a 30 year career he has managed less than three full seasons in the top flight. If you think that classes him as " good " , then i think you need to consider what constitutes a good manager. When a vacancy comes up in the top flight, no one comes in for him. He is average.

27 minutes ago, vid80 said:

Gotta be some botox misuse commited.

Yeah, Colin has definitely had some "work" done on his boat race. The foreheads a give away. He looks after his teeth too. That Hollywood smile, he thinks he's box office, needs the gleaming Hampsteads.

What with the media commitments and what have you.

Edited by F. Spiksley