It was Carlos's fault tonight, not Abdi

We were all over the place first half. Abdi played deep at the side of Jones , Lee was left wing while Reach played just behind Hooper.

Wallace strolled about on the wing

We had no idea what we were doing . He took Abdi off to get us our normal shape with people in proper positions. He is doing him no favours at all

I know he likes to go about his job quietly but it seems he needs to make a bit of a splash here to keep his place. The abdi I saw at Watford seemed a lot quicker in terms of his thinking and general movement, perhaps that year in the Premier out wide has made him lose some confidence?

5 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

It was Carlos's fault tonight, not Abdi

We were all over the place first half. Abdi played deep at the side of Jones , Lee was left wing while Reach played just behind Hooper.

Wallace strolled about on the wing

We had no idea what we were doing . He took Abdi off to get us our normal shape with people in proper positions. He is doing him no favours at all

Whats all that about then?

why not just have Abdi behind Hooper?

Carlos does baffle me sometimes.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Whats all that about then?

why not just have Abdi behind Hooper?

Carlos does baffle me sometimes.

No idea but it is not so much playing Abdi out of position but if you are putting him in at least have the team functioning properly.

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

You don't lose class. 

You do lose form. 

He will regain his form. 

Have patience wednesday fans. 

I'll be honest I didnt watch watford much so don't really know how good abdi can be.  I suspect Lee upping his form to premier ship standard is hindering his integration.

It's a long season who knows what injuries we may have  if everyone who does know of him is right along with scram who is very confident in his ability he will come good 

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

I'll be honest I didnt watch watford much so don't really know how good abdi can be.  I suspect Lee upping his form to premier ship standard is hindering his integration.

It's a long season who knows what injuries we may have  if everyone who does know of him is right along with scram who is very confident in his ability he will come good 

I have a mate who's a Watford fan and season ticket holder. Says Abdi is a quality player and rates him highly. He was surprised Watford let him go.

I still think he'll come good this year, as long as Carlos can keep him from freaking out before January. Statistically we're odds-on to lose one or two of either Fletch, Bannan, Forestieri, Reach or Wallace for a run of 3-4 games at some point over the next seven months; Abdi's chance will come and if he can keep his head and spirit up until then he'll be an absolute godsend, I'm sure of it.

19 minutes ago, vulva said:

Abdi could well be one of those players who is better suited to playing at a higher level, where you get more time on the ball. The Championship might just be a bit too physical and frenetic for him. 

He's ripped this division to shreds

Hardly indicative of a guy finding the division too physical and frenetic for him

Now I love CC but I'm baffled by the way he's used Abdi.

He played 33 games in the Premier League last year.  How many of our outfield players are capable of that atm?  Only 3-4 you'd think at most.

And without placing too much stock in Watford fans opinions they revered Abdi and viewed him as the central figure in their rise. 

So clearly he's got the goods.  The annoying part is that we don't know if he can replicate that here because he hasn't been given a consistent run.  

Playing him for 45 min here and there or out wide, or both, where he's clearly not suited, just isn't beneficial to the team of Abdi.  

Play him in cenral mid for 2 or 3 full games in a row.  Given his proven quality it's worth a shot as he might be one of the cogs to take us from 6th and 15 points off automatic last year into a genuine top 2 contender.

Edited by Owl_in_Oz

Guest wilyfox

It would be a crying shame if it doesn't work out for him here, because he's such a good player. There's no obvious reason why he shouldn't slot right in. He's a puzzle to solve - not the only one we've got either! 

All a bit of a puzzle.

But... It's a far nicer problem to have than watching the likes of Potter and O Connor every week.

Weve built a squad packed with talent in a short space of time, id be surprised if Abdi doesn't make a big impact over the course of a long, grueling season.