We need to make sure SWFC doesn't ever do this

See what happens...

Seems like they're releasing names in terms of significance. 

We've gone from the England manager to some important figures in the Championship. 

You just never know, but I'd be staggered if we've got involved in such nonsense. 

You just got to hope our Chairman and Manager abide by the rules

it would be disgusting if either tarnished the club by such behaviour as seen at Leeds, QPR, the FA etc., but we as fans have no control nor contribution should it happen

there is nothing to suggest Chansiri or Carlos would break the rules or ethical codes

in many ways, if not technically, they're custodians of the club and no individuals should be allowed to tarnish it

problem is, seems corruption in football is endemic, and what we call corrupt in U.K. Is probably not called corrupt elsewhere in the world, so who is to judge?

Edited by owlandished

36 minutes ago, owlandished said:

You just got to hope our Chairman and Manager abide by the rules

it would be disgusting if either tarnished the club by such behaviour as seen at Leeds, QPR, the FA etc., but we as fans have no control nor contribution should it happen

there is nothing to suggest Chansiri or Carlos would break the rules or ethical codes

in many ways, if not technically, they're custodians of the club and no individuals should be allowed to tarnish it

problem is, seems corruption in football is endemic, and what we call corrupt in U.K. Is probably not called corrupt elsewhere in the world, so who is to judge?

If someone can make a quick buck and get away with it they will, whether they are British or not. 

I know it sounds hugely cynical, and I absolutely agree with the title/OP, but part of me feels like this crap is only against the rules because it potentially undercuts the FA's own dealings and self-interest. If I genuinely felt the 'integrity of the sport' was what was being defended every time the powers that be sack a bigwig for dodgy dealings, I'd be a lot more passionate in backing the movement. But unfortunately I often don't feel that way.

That said, again, I absolutely agree with the sentiments of this thread. It's depressing greedy garbage and needs rooting out. Hope to god our beloved Owls prove to be pure of spirit and intent throughout.

Football, I have often said on here, is a closed shop. Not everyone is involved in the dirty dealings but at the dressing room level everyone knows about it.

The FA are still the ruling body but this is in name only and they have backed off of their responsibilities because of the vast amount of money involved.

It's now almost 10 years since Richard Cabourn (Minister for Sport) threatened Football to get it's house in order or the Government would. Well that didn't happen, wonder why ?

If football, in the shape of the FA, won't act then the Government and the fans should. There should be no mercy for the mercenaries in the game where multi millions is never enough for the many people like Sam Lousylice. Personally I hope the Lardbag is banished for ever.  

Ive recently finished The Secret Footballers latest book "access all areas" which went into detail coincidently on this subject and how common it was. 

Apparently there are patterns to spot which basically follow the path of multiple signings from same league or nationality as these are usually how agents work with many clients in similar geographical areas. 

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Football, I have often said on here, is a closed shop. Not everyone is involved in the dirty dealings but at the dressing room level everyone knows about it.

The FA are still the ruling body but this is in name only and they have backed off of their responsibilities because of the vast amount of money involved.

It's now almost 10 years since Richard Cabourn (Minister for Sport) threatened Football to get it's house in order or the Government would. Well that didn't happen, wonder why ?

If football, in the shape of the FA, won't act then the Government and the fans should. There should be no mercy for the mercenaries in the game where multi millions is never enough for the many people like Sam Lousylice. Personally I hope the Lardbag is banished for ever.  

^^^^

Wow Nev, something political that we really agree on!

If there aren't already laws in place against this kind of corruption then there needs to be and to hell with FIFA/EUFA's reaction to it.

What happened to the Telegraph's statement that they were going to release the names of 8 former and current Premier league managers

Are these 3 sacrificial lambs, or do the Telegraph intend to publish the more prominent names

I'm not a gambler, but if I was, I'd wager 2 of the high profile names used to work at a club not very far from us.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

6 hours ago, SiJ said:

See what happens...

Seems like they're releasing names in terms of significance. 

We've gone from the England manager to some important figures in the Championship. 

You just never know, but I'd be staggered if we've got involved in such nonsense. 

Scary thing is we've got an international break coming up, so a slow sport news week. Be staggered is there isn't an EPL reveal.

I must admit sadly I'm not suprised by these things. Due to the money that is a wash in the game.

Guest mrbluesky

Where there's obscene amounts of money  there will corruption, unfortunately I can't imagine any top clubs in PL or Championship are whiter than white.

5 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

If football, in the shape of the FA, won't act then the Government and the fans should. 

Fifa say if Governments get involved with the FA of any country then the country is suspended until the Government's leave it alone.

You know FIFA the whiter than white organisation.