Highlights

Guest mrbluesky

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

We look very quick and fluid in attack with a brilliant understanding of where each other are. It's good and it bodes well.

That can't be right. Surely we're playing ineffectual sideways tippy-tappy and getting bossed off the park?

6 minutes ago, jamese said:

Looks like the striker at the front post may have been slightly offside when the original cross came in. Couldn't really see from that camera angle

Must have been that then. The striker interfering with play from an offside position as the ball is crossed in.

Thank God the linesman saw that!

Either way, unhappy with the defending at left-back for that 'goal' – Jones flying about all over the shop trying to cover Reach (AWOL?), Loovens in the zone too...poor goalmouth clearance from Lees albeit on his back foot. Need to be holding shape at that stage if we've decided to dig in for a narrow squeak!

Well done though, good effort and a very confidence-building result all in all. Onward!

Edited by Mr. Tom

5 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

They were lucky we didn't put our chances away and give them a pasting.

On those highlights looked like we battered them. 

The offside looked very dodgy. Might need to take another look at it to work out why.

Liam's crack was reyt good. Would have been a beauty if it went in.

Fletchers goal = class. He's a very good player at this level and just what we needed up front.

Looks like we bossed them, which I wasn't expecting after reading all the comments from the panicking ninnys in the matchday thread lol

That's what, the last 6 consecutive games we've played the opposition off the park, going back to the Brentford game. But if you spend 5 minutes reading on Owlstalk you'd think we're in some kind of serious crisis, threatening to be relegated with the manager clinging on to his job.

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Looked nice and sharp going forward on those

Dont miss the two very important contributions from Lee. First, the first time ball out to Bannan and then the run past him that creates the space for him to move inside.

Very deliberate run, never wanted the ball.

Yeah I liked that run from Lee.

He's a clever player and always willing to run. 

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

I played the rovers chalked off goal back 4 times and couldn't see anything wrong with it.  Looks like we got lucky for once. 

30 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Why was there goal disallowed?   For the life of me, I can't figure out why.

Look at the player at the near post when the original goal comes in, he's the wrong side of our defender and looking at where the other members of our back line are, that'll mean he's in an offside position. Definitely interferes with play as he dives in for the ball and I think it goes under him! On first viewing it looks a baffling call, but it's probably right