Poll: Man of the Match vs Wigan Athletic...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Wigan Athletic  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Wigan Athletic?

• Westwood
    • Palmer
    • Lees
    • Hutchinson
    • Pudil
    • Lee
    • Bannan
    • Abdi
    • Fletcher
    • Forestieri
    • Wallace
    • Hooper
    • Reach
    • Buckley

Abdi was absolutely phenomenal today. What a player. Gave everything today, was involved in everything, passing, tackling, hes the engine in the midfield we've so badly needed.

Hutchinson wasnt far behind. I have been really critical of Palmer on here over the last few seasons, but today he had a really great game, hopefully the right back position is his place to lose.

Good team performance, and Fletcher looks like a real striker who works hard - brilliant acquisition for us.  But my vote went to Lee. Tireless.  Winning the ball back. Sometimes the furthest player forward.  Bannan made a couple of uncharacteristic howling mistakes so I don't see how he was MoM.  But we all see things differently.  Palmer looked like he was struggling in the first half to cope with their width and pace on his side (although not to be blamed for the goal even though it came from his side - he was sold a short pass), but in second half was more solid.  Good win (would have been major disaster not to have won I think).

8 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

I think we're bit of a confidence team to be honest, but I really don't know why we get nervy. We have a good team and we will finish there are there abouts

We get 'nervy' because as soon as things don't go our way, some fans start freaking out and calling for sackings and players being dropped...no patience from our side (the fans) unfortunately...

Edited by Bagarri

Westwood 7 - no chance with the goal. Did everything else well.

Palmer 7 - Did pretty well, a couple of loose passes but better than Hunt was against Leeds

Lees 6 - Shocking first half hour. Much better after that

Hutchinson 7 - best of the centre halves and looks more accomplished every game

Pudil 6 - Looked exposed at left back in the first half but got forward well

Wallace 6 - could have scored twice but just doesn't offer enough. 

Bannan 7 - a few poor passes but some gems including the ball for Fletcher's goal

Lee - 6 - some good touches but not his best game

Abdi 6 - not settled yet and looks a yard short

Forestieri - 7 - back to his old self especially in the second half

FLETCHER 8 - took his goal well, great in the air and won every header in our box defending corners

Hooper 7 - looked much livelier and we looked a better side with him

Reach 7 - showed some lovely touches and a great ball towards the end which nearly created a goal

Buckley 6 - would rather see him in the side than Wallace but not enough time today.

Close one for me but just Hutch......oozes class . 

Thought Wallace was awful again. Passing and crossing terrible, 4 shots, not one on target. 

Westwood; 7

Palmer, 7

Lees, 6

Hutchinson, 8 

Pudil; 7

Wallace, 4

Lee, 6

Abdi, 6

Bannan; 8

Forestieri, 8

Fletcher. 8