Official January Transfer Window Thread

26 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Lansbury has more bite than McGugan. I'd love Lansbury here. Can't see it though. Admired him since his Arsenal days. 

No chance. He will be off to the premier, however he is another player who only turns up when he wants. This inconsistency is why he is still at Forest.

On 10/12/2016 at 07:50, sheriwozgod said:

Heard a rumour that we are after Tendayi Darikwa on loan in january.

A loan for Rhodes and Darikwa and our team could look very good. Maybe just need a hard b*st*rd to partner Lees and persuade Abdi to play right side like he did last season...

Forestieri    Rhodes

Reach     Lee   Hutchinson    Abdi

Pudil      Loovens    Lees   Darikwa 

Westwood 

Carlos has said, he's happy with his centre back options, which follows on from him also being happy with his striking options Maybe we'll get a new midfielder, perhaps one who could free up Hutchinson to return to defensive duties. Either way, unless he's bluffing, it doesn't sound as if we'll be in for a busy January window

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Carlos has said, he's happy with his centre back options, which follows on from him also being happy with his striking options Maybe we'll get a new midfielder, perhaps one who could free up Hutchinson to return to defensive duties. Either way, unless he's bluffing, it doesn't sound as if we'll be in for a busy January window

It's Carlos's new plan , we intend to field 10 midfielders all totally interchangeable to bamboozle the opposites lol 

Guest wilyfox
11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Ya never know.. What business did we do last January? Wiggins wanted out so we lined up Bennett. McGeady joined to possibly make up for a lack of contribution from the injured Matias. We also turned Hunt and Hooper permanent. 

May depend on who else wants to jump ship. Nuhiu may still have a role to play, but is he content with one league start? Is there an Abdi issue to resolve? Can we finally shift some peripheral rubbish? I'm sure Carlos would wanna replace if that happens. 

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

May depend on who else wants to jump ship. Nuhiu may still have a role to play, but is he content with one league start? Is there an Abdi issue to resolve? Can we finally shift some peripheral rubbish? I'm sure Carlos would wanna replace if that happens. 

unfortunately I'm of the same opinion of a few posts from others in that I cant really see this happening due to wage demands etc

which is a shame for both the players in question (mcgugan etc) but also a complete waste of wages. They'll be here until their contracts run out.

Guest wilyfox
14 minutes ago, HanSolo said:

unfortunately I'm of the same opinion of a few posts from others in that I cant really see this happening due to wage demands etc

which is a shame for both the players in question (mcgugan etc) but also a complete waste of wages. They'll be here until their contracts run out.

In McGugan's case, perhaps not. Maybe he's set his stall out. We don't know his situation or what's been said. But for a youngish player like Bus still needing to establish himself, he needs to get out. Bus and Dielna have just wasted 18 months of their career. Sougou's will be over before he knows it unless he shows some life.

For Lewis, I'd have thought a part-subsidised loan to a lower-end champ club could be in everyone's best interests. Would still save DC some money - and maybe he'd shoot down one or two of our rivals. He's plenty capable. 

35 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

It's Carlos's new plan , we intend to field 10 midfielders all totally interchangeable to bamboozle the opposites lol 

I think Carlos would genuinely love that 

If any game changing signings are ruled out, due to FFP, it wouldn't be the end of the world. I don't believe we've consolidated  what we have here, not yet found the right blend. While you can always improve any position, we're not obviously lacking in any department. We could put out one of the best midfield's in the championship, if we can find a way of getting them on the pitch. While we've done OK, recruitment wise, so far it's been a bit of a mixed bag, which has left us with a bloated 33 man squad.

The strength of the manager is in his coaching ability, and he has enough talent at his disposal to get even more from this current squad. I'd rather back his ability to work with players, rather than his ability to find new ones

21 minutes ago, Arnold said:

I think Carlos would genuinely love that 

Scary thing is we could probably do it now , assuming we accept that Palmer was a midfielder and Pudil plays left midfield for the Czechs , Semedo and Hutch as cetrehalfs. 

Bannon Reach Lee and Jones In the middle with Abdi behind FF