Official January Transfer Window Thread

3 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

No. Playing Hooper and Fletcher together has been part of our problem.

So our most productive goalscoring partnership by far is part of the problem? Go on. Please enlighten me.

35 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

I know people are sick of seeing his name or being linked with him but I really do feel Jordan Rhodes would solve our goal scoring problems. 

Cant see why we couldn't try for him on loan in January. 

Are you implying that our goalscoring problems are down the lack of ability in our current strikers?

37 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Are you implying that our goalscoring problems are down the lack of ability in our current strikers?

Yes to a certain degree.

Our goal to chance ratio isn't up to scratch and the strikers have to take responsibility. I don't accept we are creating enough or the service isn't good enough. Carlos himself has said we aren't converting our chances enough.

Rhodes is lights out at this level. He's done it for 4 or 5 seasons now.

Just now, steelcityowlsfan said:

Yes to a certain degree.

Our goal to chance ratio isn't up to scratch and the strikers have to take responsibility. I don't accept we are creating enough or the service isn't good enough. Carlos himself has said we aren't converting our chances enough.

Hooper's goals per chance ratio leaves every other Championship striker miles behind.

Need to get him in that box!

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Hooper's goals per chance ratio leaves every other Championship striker miles behind.

Need to get him in that box!

Hooper took too long to get fit and his goal rate has declined so far this season.

When he's on form he's the business at this level, but we can't wait 6-8 games for him to get up to speed. Rhodes looks after himself better and is more likely to hit the ground running.

15 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Hooper took too long to get fit and his goal rate has declined so far this season.

When he's on form he's the business at this level, but we can't wait 6-8 games for him to get up to speed. Rhodes looks after himself better and is more likely to hit the ground running.

There was a recent thread which shows that Hooper scores more regularly than Rhodes at this level if you strip out penalties.

But hey, Hooper or Rhodes? I'm being picky.

Still got to make chances though.

2 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Yes to a certain degree.

Yes, it was a bit of a loaded question. In truth, we have on occasions been a little unlucky, but you can't blame luck when it's been over such a sizeable chunk of the season. Carlos might like to think it's simply a case of us missing chances, but he's probably trying to justify his tactics. I don't believe the likes of Forestieri, Hooper and Fletcher, have forgotten where the goal is, and I would put the lack of goals down to the way we play. There can be no argument that Rhodes wouldn't get goals in this division, his track record proves it. He might however, not be as prolific, if a large percentage of his time was spent defending from the front. 

2 hours ago, Animal said:

Danny ings in his current state 

Good shout mate . He has no future at Anfield and is just rotting away doing nowt. 

Id rather go for him than Rhodes if both were available on loan .

Victor Hugo Garcia Hernandez - Yes please.

Scott Hogan - Yes please. 

Danny Ings - Yes please but no chance we'd sign him yet. 

Alan Judge Yes please.  

Micheal Mancienne - No thanks.

Anthony Modeste -  Yes please but no chance we'd sign him yet.

Jordan Rhodes - Yes please. 

Raul Silva - No thanks. 

Arber Zanelli - Yes please. 

Guest wilyfox
4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Good shout mate . He has no future at Anfield and is just rotting away doing nowt. 

Id rather go for him than Rhodes if both were available on loan .

His knee is fooked. 

Aeroswfc,

Agree with most of yours but would take Mancienne too.

Seen him live several times and has always impressed.

Plus , his contract ends next  June so will be relatively cheap January, then fits in with DC' sstrategy.

Bruce said on Radio 5 Monday that they have 8 strikers and he only plays 1 upfront so some have to go January.

Clears way for us on Jordan Rhodes.

A cheeky big also for Andre Gray? Seems Burnley don't think he's Premiership stuff.

And Judge won't be flying until Easter.