Official January Transfer Window Thread

49 minutes ago, Babushka1867 said:

Still thinking Jordon Mutch might be a good shout, not sure what his situation is at Palace right now?

Missed the days when he used to play for QPR with Dunne and Young.

The possibility of the commentator saying 'Dunne to Mutch, Mutch to Young' was something special

Edited by RobbieOwler

On 1/20/2017 at 15:31, Costello 77 said:

The quota system will help them have a powerful national team in time.

I don't disagree with the system, in fact I was relieved to see it introduced - stems the flow of massively overpaid players from Europe heading over there. If they want to build their own national team and league system, God speed.

7 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I don't disagree with the system, in fact I was relieved to see it introduced - stems the flow of massively overpaid players from Europe heading over there. If they want to build their own national team and league system, God speed.

I was thinking a quota like that in England would help our National team.

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I was thinking a quota like that in England would help our National team.

It was an idea that got floated a few years ago wasn't it? 6&5 rule, but the Prem teams would be United in opposition to it because it would be an absolutely huge shift, especially for the top teams. I remember when Man City played Chelski a few weeks back and there were only 2 English players on the pitch between them.

5 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

It was an idea that got floated a few years ago wasn't it? 6&5 rule, but the Prem teams would be United in opposition to it because it would be an absolutely huge shift, especially for the top teams. I remember when Man City played Chelski a few weeks back and there were only 2 English players on the pitch between them.

Think Greg Dyke was pushing for it.

Self interest will always win the day where big money is involved.

20 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Aston Villa are reportedly eyeing a swap deal with Swansea City which could see Jordan Ayew heading to the Liberty Stadium.

According to reports in the Sunday People, Villa would get exciting Swans winger Modou Barrow in return for Ayew, who has scored three times in his 22 appearances this season.

The 25-year-old is currently starring at the Africa Cup of Nations for Ghana and he has been linked with a move away from Villa Park amid interest from the Premier League and China.

Barrow, 24, had been rumoured with a move to Crystal Palace earlier in the window while Newcastle United were quoted £10million in the summer and decided not to peruse a deal.

The pacy and skillful attacker has impressed in his 20 games for Swansea this season but has missed the last few weeks through injury.

It's believed that the Gambian has a £5m relegation release clause in his contract with the Swans and they could allow him to leave this month in order to get a better deal.

Barrow is an awful, awful player, think the bastard child of Jeremy Helan and Wade Small.

Who might he be referring to.........???

Steve Bruce is still hoping to sign a new striker and today commented that “Thierry Henry No.2 could be on his way!”

The Aston Villa manager was trying to make light news of the worrying situation surrounding his strikeforce.

With Ross McCormack axed for failing to turn up to training, Jonathan Kodjia and Jordan Ayew away on international duty and Gabby Agbonlahor without a goal in almost a year, Villa are short of options up front.

But Bruce said with a wry smile: “We might have the new Thierry Henry coming in on loan next week.”

Villa are looking at options after missing out on Jordan Rhodes.

5 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Who might he be referring to.........???

Steve Bruce is still hoping to sign a new striker and today commented that “Thierry Henry No.2 could be on his way!”

The Aston Villa manager was trying to make light news of the worrying situation surrounding his strikeforce.

With Ross McCormack axed for failing to turn up to training, Jonathan Kodjia and Jordan Ayew away on international duty and Gabby Agbonlahor without a goal in almost a year, Villa are short of options up front.

But Bruce said with a wry smile: “We might have the new Thierry Henry coming in on loan next week.”

Villa are looking at options after missing out on Jordan Rhodes.

Thierry Henry number 2?: roughly translated as: french poo-poo :manager:

McCormack can stay at Villa. Don't want someone in our side who will make daft excuses because he cba to come to training.

"Automatic gates are stuck closed." What an absolute benny.

So glad Steve Bruce vaulted (or ran straight through more likely) the fence to drag him out the house!

3 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

McCormack can stay at Villa. Don't want someone in our side who will make daft excuses because he cba to come to training.

"Automatic gates are stuck closed." What an absolute benny.

So glad Steve Bruce vaulted (or ran straight through more likely) the fence to drag him out the house!

Yeah, not good signs.