CLUB STATEMENT: Catering being brought back in-house

Sheffield Wednesday are pleased to announce that the catering arm of the club will be brought back in house.

The Owls have worked in association with catering partners Centerplate, formerly Lindley Venue Catering, since 2011 but will now revert to an internal operation. 

SWFC Chief Operating Officer Joe Palmer said: “The catering strand of the business is a key element of Sheffield Wednesday’s matchday and non-matchday offering to supporters and clients alike. 

“The services range from the concourses around Hillsborough to our numerous hospitality suites and Executive Boxes within the South Stand area of the stadium. 

“Although only the front end product as it were is visible, there is a huge amount of organisation and resource required behind the scenes on a daily basis. 

“With this is mind, and after an ongoing period of diligence and customer feedback - particularly at the club’s Steering Group meetings - we have taken the decision to bring the catering back in house. 

“This will afford us complete control over the whole operation and makes ideal sense on both a logistic and commercial scale. 

“I personally oversaw a very similar process during my time with FC Shakhtar Donetsk and all interested parties reaped the benefits in the short and long term. 

“I would say the timeline for such a move can be protracted, so we would ask our supporter and client base for patience until the point of conclusion. 

“In the meantime, Sheffield Wednesday wish Centerplate nothing but the best for the future.”

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-3235435.aspx

Edited by DeeJayOne

At last.....I stopped doing hospitality because the food, the service and high end cost didn't compare with value for money in comparison with the Chinese Chippy near the Wednesday shop.  Need to look at upping the speed and service in all the stands. So much revenue lost because people just give up waiting.

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Good news, hopefully Joe will tackle the club shop next!

Good luck with that Joe..

Wembley play off final losers t shirts for a tenner...

On the plus side there were loads of darts in stock last week..and away shirts for £53

2 minutes ago, gandiaowl said:

At last.....I stopped doing hospitality because the food, the service and high end cost didn't compare with value for money in comparison with the Chinese Chippy near the Wednesday shop.  Need to look at upping the speed and service in all the stands. So much revenue lost because people just give up waiting.

Get a chippy inside the ground!

7 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Didn't they say at last steering meeting it would cost quite a bit to get out of the current catering contract? Least stuff off the pitch is finally getting sorted. 

Could be wrong but I seem to remember the figure being a million pounds