OFFICIAL 2016/17 BBC Radio Sheffield Football Heaven SWFC Thread

On 09/03/2017 at 07:00, Grandad said:

Last night's show proved my point again. 

They do promote negativity from Wednesday callers. "Ring in and tell us about the booing at the end of the game" 

The booing (what little amount I heard) was aimed at the referee, not at the performance, and if there were a hundred or so in a crowd of 25k that's a high estimate 

As someone else has stated, no commentary for the goals conceded by Utd either. 

It's very imbalanced which surprises me given that Rob Staton is a Wednesday fan 

I thought I was on my own noticing they conceded too - yet they were the only club who didnt have it  broadcast instead commentary of them scoring to open the show I'd thought wallaces goal could've had an airing  oh no let's put the negative out  oh and let's skew the booing to be aimed at the team and CC - not the ref as everyone I know who went agrees

it's blatant to hear unless you have their arses too close to your face 

1 minute ago, aeroswfc said:

A league 2 defence? 

I've heard it all now. 

Who was that idiot?

I wish Loovens would take him up on the 100 yards challenge, and then kick his ar#e all the way back again!

So suddenly Wildsmith's useless if Westwood is injured! He's done fine when needed. 

Why do some 'fans' love it when we lose, and can't wait to twist the knife? Morons!

23 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

It was exacrly the same when the Piggies were moaning about everything under the sun when Blackwell / Clough / Adkins was in charge 

The team at RS are brilliant imo and have no bias whatsoever you're looking for an argument where there isn't one 

Not so sure about that Mick, collectively perhaps but their are certain individuals working on the show that absolutely have it in for us. This git being one of the points in question 

15 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Not so sure about that Mick, collectively perhaps but their are certain individuals working on the show that absolutely have it in for us. This git being one of the points in question 

Absolute nonsense 

Giddings calls it as it is and having spoken with him in person about Wednesday i'll stick with my own opinion of him

John: clueless, absolutely clueless. Sick of seeing this 'no experience of the Championship' argument put forward as if it's worth something. Fscking Rafa Benitez has no experience of the Championship but he seems to be doing alright doesn't he? Or Wagner? Or Monk? Or any number of managers, what a stupid argument it is. So much nonsense peddled in one phone call.

That first caller slating Sasso.....is he the new scapegoat then?

Don't get me wrong he has made a couple of mistakes but so have other players. Are they immune from criticism?

Tom Lees had a couple of stinkers and admitted himself that he wasn't on form. Westwood makes mistakes.....that's football.

1 minute ago, Miffed said:

That first caller slating Sasso.....is he the new scapegoat then?

Don't get me wrong he has made a couple of mistakes but so have other players. Are they immune from criticism?

Tom Lees had a couple of stinkers and admitted himself that he wasn't on form. Westwood makes mistakes.....that's football.

Nah, thats life.

3 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Absolute nonsense 

Giddings calls it as it is and having spoken with him in person about Wednesday i'll stick with my own opinion of him

That's alright, you are allowed a different opinion you know. At least for now anyway, we not quite living under a fascist dictatorship as of yet 

Some of the callers tonight and the reaction on twitter was beyond belief. Like Mick (Lawrie) said a few weeks ago, do they know what the word support actually means? What really gets me is that we try to portray to the rest of the footballing world how good a fan base we are and then when the slightest thing goes wrong there is this massive meltdown reducing grown men and women to acting like spoilt children who don't seem to like it when people disprove some of the things they say. I'm not saying you can't criticize the team but that doesn't mean that people can't challenge you on it.

4 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Some of the callers tonight and the reaction on twitter was beyond belief. Like Mick (Lawrie) said a few weeks ago, do they know what the word support actually means? What really gets me is that we try to portray to the rest of the footballing world how good a fan base we are and then when the slightest thing goes wrong there is this massive meltdown reducing grown men and women to acting like spoilt children who don't seem to like it when people disprove some of the things they say. I'm not saying you can't criticize the team but that doesn't mean that people can't challenge you on it.

Simply too many beered up self entitled immature people with access to social media 24 hours and are used to having what they want instantly..anyone who thinks something else is now a dinosaur.

2 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I think the Rhodes transfer is partially to blame, spending that amount of money and on a player we have always wanted at the club, really set expectations at a level the team can't meet. We have some decent callers though, I enjoy listening to Mark the Pitsmoor Owl - think that's his name - and he was correct about starting the Norwich game with a higher tempo.