Steering Group Meeting Tomorrow

15 minutes ago, 5318008 said:

"There will be a minute's applause in the 13th minute of the Benfica game for the poor lad who lost his life. After this, the club intend to have  minute's applause in the last home game of each calendar year for all supporters who have passed away, and it sounds like you'll be able to engage with the club on that by sending in pictures for a possible page on the website or they might go up on the big screen."

I'll applaud when I want thanks (albeit from home until prices are reasonable)

Jesus, some people will moan about anything. They've acted upon feedback and suggestions that we have one game a year where respect can be shown to ALL swfc fans who have passed in away in the past 12 months. And you're not happy with that?

2 minutes ago, ramone said:

Seeing as we're funding promotion, should I provide him with my bank details for my chunk of the £170 mil he gets when we get to the prem? No, thought not. 

He will reap all the rewards 

Don't support it then. Get on or move on.

2 minutes ago, ramone said:

Seeing as we're funding promotion, should I provide him with my bank details for my chunk of the £170 mil he gets when we get to the prem? No, thought not. 

That's football / real life. 

1 minute ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

S_W_F_C I posted my response to this in the wrong thread, for which you probably got a notification, apologies for that, but anyway, here it is again in the correct one.

Rubbish, that's the sort of divisiveness that doesn't help on here, it's not an "in or out" its a number of issues that some feel more strongly about than others, I am upset by the ticket pricing but aren't bothered by the shirt pattern. Some agree, some don't.

Can we just have an interesting discussion/debate without the need to try and divide people into teams? It spills out into other threads and makes this place unpleasant.

Can we also keep comments within the bounds of being legal

I suppose that some people are worried that he's just going to ride roughshod over everything we hold dear...

That hasn't happened though and it may well never do. 

People putting 2 and 2 together and sh*tting themselves in a fit of hysteria. 

4 minutes ago, ramone said:

Serious question, IF we get promoted, do you think DC will pocket the £170m? Or will that money be used to fund staying in the premier league?

1 minute ago, KivoOwl said:

The exact attitude that I find so disgusting.

Like it or lump it.

No.

If I don't like it, I'll moan like hell - as a Wednesday fan of 30 years I have that right.

Ok, but you're only going to depress yourself.

Enjoy.

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, ramone said:

There is absolutely no way the fans are funding what it will take to get us promoted. 

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Think some people need to sit down and take a deep breath. 

At the end of the day Groundhopping was paraphrasing (that's not a dig at him btw), so all this talk of Vincent Tan II and him ripping the heart and soul out of the club is a bit premature. 

I'll say this - he didn't come across in the meeting as autocratic, though people can still interpret his actions that way. He made a genuine plea for negative feedback at the start of the meeting as he could see these sort of meetings can struggle to get going if fans feel cowed. He was also very keen to canvas our opinion on things, especially the catering, as well as the kit (the vast majority of people in the room were offering hearty praise for the home shirt so he probably went away happy) and at the end he asked us of our opinion of the stewards, where feedback was mainly pretty positive. The band came up briefly at the end and the line was yet again that there was too much of a 50/50 split, and if we really want rid of them we have to organise ourselves properly into showing that we don't want them anymore.

Quite honestly, Chansiri is probably bored to death of some of the halfwit Wednesdayites he has to endure and maybe had a lack of empathy tonight after a long day. Everytime a decision is made it seems that some sections of our fan base will find a negative in it. Protest against a kit? Grow up.  Matchday pricing too much? Buy an ST or pick and choose, It isn't the end of the world. Chansiri puts his name on the kit as any other foreign businessman would. He hasn't changed the colours or put a dragon on the crest, he's remained true to our roots that spread further back than just Blue and White stripes. 

Some people need wake up and smell the roses, without Chansiri's investment I'd be pretty confident that we wouldn't have had a Wembley trip last season and be on the verge of having our largest amount of ST holders. The good times are well and truly on there way, stop behaving like spoilt school girls it really is embarrassing to read. 

You cant please everyone and until the football results start going against us I for one won't say a negative word about our club. 

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

Council, has your account been hacked??? I find myself agreeing with you this morning!! lol

Thing is, I'm always right, it's the way I put it that doesn't come across well.

5 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Just arrived and waiting outside, starts at 6. Not sure how I'll get a word in edgeways, there must be 30 odd people here, but I'll do my best folks :biggrin:

Did the  the shoes start flying lol

Edited by S36 OWL