There are a lot of threads on here regarding flags, there is no better site than flags draped around the pitches at games,

just wandering if it would be possible to have a flag zone at Hillsborough, not sure how and where they could locate it

maybe take the first few rows of seats out of the kop and replace it with a barrier to drape flags over, i know it is reducing 

the stadium capacity but it would look awesome, any suggestions???

38 minutes ago, owls about that said:

There are a lot of threads on here regarding flags, there is no better site than flags draped around the pitches at games,

just wandering if it would be possible to have a flag zone at Hillsborough, not sure how and where they could locate it

maybe take the first few rows of seats out of the kop and replace it with a barrier to drape flags over, i know it is reducing 

Flags are regularly draped over the wall on the North stand. Taking four rows out of any stand would mean the loss of supporters and seats. Which would our owners prefer - a row of flags or four rows of chanting supporters paying £30. I know as a supporter which I prefer. 

26 minutes ago, sjaowl said:

Love to see all our diverse flags in North West corner every game rather than empty seats. Got to be easy enough to do. ??

Easy enough to do ? You must be joking for each flag, a risk assessment, then a method statement, then a fire certificate will be needed.

All the above to be done in triplicate, 21 days in advance of any home fixture.

This is Hillsborough remember.

3 hours ago, owls about that said:

SAG would have a cardiac with flags all over the shop. Fire hazard in their eyes.

5 hours ago, Holmes said:

Along with safe standingsinging sections and now flag zones, to me its all a bit false coming from the top, instead of coming from the bottom.  

We saw against Brighton and Hull, that Wednesday fans are at their best when the support is spontaneous. 

Any room left for a sitting zone !!!:tango:

Edited by oldtawnyowl

R

8 hours ago, owls about that said:

Remove seats to put in flags?!  Are you 12?

22 hours ago, Holmes said:

Along with safe standing, singing sections and now flag zones, to me its all a bit false coming from the top, instead of coming from the bottom.  

We saw against Brighton and Hull, that Wednesday fans are at their best when the support is spontaneous. 

100%

But I think we require some assistance from the club.

Fans can organise themselves as much as they like - and I'd love to see a day where we are a bit more proactive in having flags and banners all across the Kop, like at Anfield - but it's no use fans going to any length of effort unless they've got "permission" from the club. Or at least certain assurances that stuff won't be banned, confiscated at entry etc. 

I may be wrong on this but I believe the supporters groups responsible for displays at places like Anfield and Selhurst Park are in regular dialogue with the clubs to ensure they're allowed to do what they want to do safely and without interruption. We SHOULD have that here, and that's where the club needs to offer a hand. 

Edited by sheffield_dave

On 11 June 2016 at 11:02, owls about that said:

Why would you want to replace paying supporters with flags ?? Dont really understand why people take flags to games anyway, especially Home games .

We need a no pyro no party zone. 

But obviously it should never happen as millions of people die from pyro each game. I mean no real forward thinking or progressive nations would allow it would they? Imagine if your club and officials encouraged it!?. Only 3rd world countries like Denmark for example and the officials at FCKopenhagen or 'Smokenhagen' as they ironaically unveiled against Ajax the other month. :ph34r:

I like England though. Kill the atmospheres head on, quash the rebellion! Feed them prawn sandwiches and hot bovril. An atmosphere will NOT be created here.