Rotherham Tickets Prices

Rotherham United an attractive fixture?! They are a League Two club punching well above their weight at present, who try to make up some sort of rivalry with us which doesn't exist. It's about as attractive as a fixture against Mansfield or Rochdale from a Wednesday point of view.

Decent price though when compared to the other weekend prices so far this season I must say. Expected it to be graded in a higher category with it being a local fixture and Rotherham's cup final.

Nope. They were in the same league as us the last time I looked. They have a better ground than us and a good record at Hillsboro. We scrape into 6th position thanks to QPR and some think we are a big club all of a sudden. We aren't and Rotherham is a big game whether we like it or not. We need to do better than last seasons nil nil. Should be good atmosphere. It's these games where we tend to slip up.

It isn't a GREAT price it is about the top end of reasonable. Still too much for kids though should never be over £7 imo for kids . adults isn't far off what should be normal.

Anyone thinking this will pull in a monster crowd are off their rockers. But At least they are trying but it's still not right

Edited by kidc77

Comparison with last years prices:

|      Kop            |    North & Gstand   |      South          |      Average
     | Member | Non member | Member | Non member | Member | Non member | Member | Non member
-----+--------+------------+--------+------------+--------+------------+--------+------------+
Last | £26    | £28        | £28    | £30        | £30    | £32        | £28    | £30
This | £25    | £30        | £28    | £33        | £31    | £36        | £28    | £33

So to summarize:

+ Cheapest Members price is LOWER than last year

+ Average Members prices is exactly the same as

+ Cheapest non-members price is just £2 more than last year

+ Average non-members price is just £3 more than last year

Conclusion:

Members prices relative to last season are absolutely brilliant

Non-members prices are just slightly higher, and given the turnaround in quality are clearly better value than last season

Attendance:

Last season: 26,986

This : ?

Nope. They were in the same league as us the last time I looked. They have a better ground than us and a good record at Hillsboro. We scrape into 6th position thanks to QPR and some think we are a big club all of a sudden. We aren't and Rotherham is a big game whether we like it or not. We need to do better than last seasons nil nil. Should be good atmosphere. It's these games where we tend to slip up.

Afraid the bit in bold is the only bit I agree with!

So:

Ticket prices are 10% higher than last year.

The entertainment is

• 10% better than last year?
  • 100% better than last year?
  • 1000% better than last year?

Moaning for moaning's sake.

Comparison with last years prices:

|      Kop            |    North & Gstand   |      South          |      Average
     | Member | Non member | Member | Non member | Member | Non member | Member | Non member
-----+--------+------------+--------+------------+--------+------------+--------+------------+
Last | £26    | £28        | £28    | £30        | £30    | £32        | £28    | £30
This | £25    | £30        | £28    | £33        | £31    | £36        | £28    | £33

So to summarize:

+ Cheapest Members price is LOWER than last year

+ Average Members prices is exactly the same as

+ Cheapest non-members price is just £2 more than last year

+ Average non-members price is just £3 more than last year

Conclusion:

Members prices relative to last season are absolutely brilliant

Non-members prices are just slightly higher, and given the turnaround in quality are clearly better value than last season

Attendance:

Last season: 26,986

This : ?

Good pricing on this so we should pull 25k plus in minimum.

No way will it be 30k. 26k is my prediction.

Good pricing on this so we should pull 25k plus in minimum.

Given the relatively negligible price disparity between last season, and the relatively large disparity between league table, results, and goals scored, surely we should be pulling at least a couple thousand more? So 29K minimum?

Ticket prices are not 10% higher, you chuffing chuff!

The average adult non-member match day price taken across all areas of the ground is.

That is a fact.

Sounds like you are having a bad day.

Hillsborough may be old, but its still a brilliant stadium. Cant be compared to New York or whatever its called.

And we didnt scrape in due to QPR. We have made it due to being top of the form league over two thirds of the season.

Agreed, it should be a great atmosphere. Similar prices to last seasons 27000 (great post btw nebneeb) and far more to play for this time. And Rotherham fans will come in relative droves as its an important time for them too, and they will want to see us fall flat on our face.

It is a big game. Personally I dont give two hoots about Rotherham, but it will be a big crowd, with good away support, strong banter mixed with some hatred, and a massive 3 points at stake. Im really looking firward to that one.

Kivo how much should they be?

£10?

A reasonable amount.

It's obvious Mr. Chansiri is paying for this shot at promotion, not us. The vast majority of the wage bill/transfer fees is paid by him.

What are the fans paying for? A tiny wedge of our outgoings.

Would it really matter to Chansiri if fans paid for 15% of our wage bill as opposed to 20%? Probably not. The extra funds we've raised because of the price hike have probably paid for Vincent Sasso's wages.

Would it matter to our fans if we paid for 15% of our wage bill instead of 20%? Absolutely, because more would be able to afford to go.

So we can either have cheap/reasonable priced tickets, bring in 'x' amount of money and start to build up our fanbase like Derby have (we wouldn't get 30,000 overnight, but give it time).

Or we can have expensive tickets, bring in x plus a bit more' amount of money, but have an average gate of 19,000.

One of the steering group said a few months ago that they'd happily sacrifice 4,000 fans if it brought in an extra £1m.

I'm the complete opposite - I think if Chansiri really wants promotion, he'd be better off sacrificing that extra money we've got because of the price hike in favour of building up a whopping fanbase that can cheer us on to promotion.

If Chansiri could buy an extra 10,000 fans it'd be up there with Forestieri and Hooper as signing of the season. And I think, with reasonable prices, we would have had just that.

Sad state of affairs at S6 (and football in general) when a seat behind the goal for a second division league game, against a small team like Rotherham, in a stand where the facilities can best be described as 'pathetic', and the view of the pitch is obscured by two pillars; costs £30 and some on here pop the celebration corks and start a wankathon.

Its still far too expensive.

I've said it again and again.

Kop - £25 tops

Cant - £30 tops

South - £32 tops

Kids under 11 should be a quid

Kids under 16 should be a fiver

No complicated to understand categories.

Implement the above basics and the crowds will improve with or without Premiership football.