Season Ticket window is finally closed

The Season Tickets had the potential to be much much better value. It just needed some lateral thinking on the part of the club and I genuinely believe we could have had close to 20k ST holders.

Stuff like:-

Not opening sales directly after Christmas and then closing sales after just 5 weeks.

Making certain sections of the ground 'really cheap' and thus negating a lot of the issues that have been brought up in the various ticket threads. The Kop should have been marketed at £250-299 for Adults to try and get that section of the ground as full as possible.

Kop - £250

North - £350

South - £500

Kids - £50 anywhere in the ground.

That sort of aggressive pricing would have sold bucket loads of ST's and all those who were wavering about buying one would have got one regardless of whether they would go to all the games.

But no.

We sell directly after Christmas and then close after 5 weeks...with the warning (gun to the head) that this is as cheap as it gets (a word to the wise here...those prices aren't that cheap!)

Another opportunity missed by the club. Just who is advising DC on ticketing issues? I would dearly love to know. He or she is getting it massively wrong.

The Season Tickets had the potential to be much much better value. It just needed some lateral thinking on the part of the club and I genuinely believe we could have had close to 20k ST holders.

Not opening sales directly after Christmas and then closing sales after just 5 weeks.

Making certain sections of the ground 'really cheap' and thus negating a lot of the issues that have been brought up in the various ticket threads. The Kop should have been marketed at £250-299 for Adults to try and get that section of the ground as full as possible.

Kop - £250

North - £350

South - £500

That sort of aggressive pricing would have sold bucket loads of ST's and all those who were wavering about buying one would have got one regardless of whether they would go to all the games.

But no.

We sell directly after Christmas and then close after 5 weeks...with the warning (gun to the head) that this is as cheap as it gets (a word to the wise here...those prices aren't that cheap!)

Another opportunity missed by the club. Just who is advising DC on ticketing issues? I would dearly love to know. He or she is getting it massively wrong.

In your opinion of course

Guest mrbluesky

It won't be anywhere near the 18k figure. Not a chance.

Lucky to hit 12-13k.

It's been akin to having a gun pointed at your head with all this ST slams shut nonsense. Still half the season left and they are asking folk to tip up money for next season...after having just come out the other end of Christmas.

This club just can't get it right can it?!

You`ll be disappointed then, as I have said in another thread the record for first phase season tickets WAS 11,500, that has been (and I quote) "smashed" and in MY opinion we won`t be far off 18k but we shall see. 

Guest mrbluesky

Kop - £250

North - £350

South - £500

But no.

Some valid points, but I don`t think it would have made that much difference, just look at cheap deals on matchday tickets.

You`ll be disappointed then, as I have said in another thread the record for first phase season tickets WAS 11,500, that has been (and I quote) "smashed" and in MY opinion we won`t be far off 18k but we shall see.

Do you know what the record overall no of season tickets bought was...I can't remember more than 15,500

We'll start next season at close to 20k STH anyway

Guest oasisowl81

Kop - £250

North - £350

South - £500

But no.

Another opportunity missed by the club. Just who is advising DC on ticketing issues? I would dearly love to

know. He or she is getting it massively wrong.

I assume you'd be happy to see the club lose money hand over fist, cos with that pricing we'd bordering on bankruptcy. Stick to selling lights fella.

I assume you'd be happy to see the club lose money hand over fist, cos with that pricing we'd bordering on bankruptcy. Stick to selling lights fella.

We've been losing money hand over fist for years, as have the vast majority of football clubs in this country. We just have a different person at the helm willing to cover those losses and isn't worried if those losses are higher than they used to be.

Don't delude yourself that our money makes one jot of difference to the balance books down at S6. It's so insignificant in the grand scheme of things that any increase in gate receipts that might have been achieved this year (and it's not yet been proved there has been an increase) is so minuscule it probably won't cover the wages for Gary Hooper's initial loan spell.

If we don't go up in the next couple of years, and the prices stay the same, get used to sub par 20k attendances becoming the norm rather than the exception. And there will be another lost generation of fans to go on top of the lost generation that has had to suffer the last 20 years of dross.

The massive opportunity to re-engage with the fan base has been lost, and now only promotion to the Premiership will save it. It could all have been so different.

Guest oasisowl81

Don't delude yourself that our money makes one jot of difference to the balance books down at S6. It's so insignificant in the grand scheme of things that any increase in gate receipts that might have been achieved this year (and it's not yet been proved there has been an increase) is so minuscule it probably won't cover the wages for Gary Hooper's initial loan spell.

Have a word with yourself. I suspect it pays closer to his yearly salary.

Guest oasisowl81

Aye, alright. As if our gate receipts have jumped up by £1.5m!!

I suspect when the figures are released it'll be half a mill at the most. At the very most.

Based on what? Our crowds are overall 8k down, the average price has increased by what you say is extortionate so I bet the figures I quote are closer than yours.