What's the point of the club reducing the tickets. They brought them down to 20-25 quid a few times over Christmas and it still didn't put anymore on the gate. I find it hard to believe that people can't afford a season ticket at £25 a month on finance/MasterCard. The £39 price on the gate surely as got to be an incentive for people to get a season ticket??

Or could be seen as the club saying they only want season ticket holders ,and anyone who dosnt have one will get screwed to the floor and right royally ripped off.

* Before anyone says owt ive been a season ticket holder for over 35 years ,and even tho i got a great deal with the EB season ticket for this season , but  i hate the way the club dont give a monkeys  about people who for what ever reason dont have season tickets.

Fans who wish to pay on the day , or buy a ticket for individual games in the run up to the game  are supporters ,they are no different to ST holders, and should not be charge a penny more for tickets.

Edited by S36 OWL

Or could be seen as the club saying they only want season ticket holders ,and anyone who dosnt have one will get screwed to the floor and right royally ripped off.

* Before anyone says owt ive been a season ticket holder for over 35 years ,and even tho i got a great deal with the EB season ticket for this season , but  i hate the way the club dont give a monkeys  about people who for what ever reason dont have season tickets.

Fans who wish to pay on the day , or buy a ticket for individual games in the run up to the game  are supporters ,they are no different to ST holders, and should not be charge a penny more for tickets.

Therein zero incentive to get a season ticket

Therein Club has no guarantee on gate receipts at all

They are different in the sense of their upfront commitment to the Club

I posted a thread about what Steve Evans said about us and it got moved to the non SWFC football news and when I posted in same thread asking which muppet moderator moved the thread the post was deleted.

Seems the mods on here can't take criticism which is sad and after over 15 years of enjoying owlstalk I think it might be time to move on to a different forum where things are run better.

R.I.P Owlstalk

We are nice on OO unless you act the prat

I like nice red wines. There's one I really like but someone bought the vineyard and has invested millions improving it. The wines have gone up in price as a result. I keep emailing the new owner telling him I can't afford it anymore and that he should return to the price it was in 1970. He won't do it though. What should I do?

See if you can find a live 'streaming' of someone pouring a glass on t'internet

I kind of agree so once they spent £400 on match tickets to get in to Hillsborough they should be allowed to take proof to ticket office and be given free tickets for the remaining home fixtures.

I kind of agree so once they spent £400 on match tickets to get in to Hillsborough they should be allowed to take proof to ticket office and be given free tickets for the remaining home fixtures.

Or you could just get a season ticket

Honestly on a quick calculation as im buying mine on my Tesco credit card at 0% for 32months cash advance fee of say 4% that means i owe less than £1300 so divide by 32 = payments of £40 and its then cleared with 4 months left of a 3year(36months) season ticket.

So basically for a set fee of £40 per month you can watch as many or as little of Sheffield Wednesday home league games as you wish, Cant figure out why people who want to attend on a regular basis wouldn't do this?

£40/month for 32 months gets you 3 years of Football its not that bad really and anybody who potg will probably only visit a couple of times a season so does it really make that much of a difference between say £40 or £78 being spent on tickets?

Trouble is that presumes quite a lot of things, not everyone has a credit card, not everyone can get finance, not everyone can afford a season ticket outright and not every supporter lives in Sheffield where they can get to every single match.

Biggest season average gates in the last 10 years were when we was in League One and it was £17 on the day, seems to me it is price over club position for larger crowds while Wednesday are in the Championship or lower division. Even if you are the most hardcore supporter on planet earth you have to admit £17 to £39 in 3 years is some shift, its a 129% increase in price!

Cant argue that that's a MASSIVE increase and some of the prices are too expensive but everybody must realise that £17 wasn't sustainable.

I posted a thread about what Steve Evans said about us and it got moved to the non SWFC football news and when I posted in same thread asking which muppet moderator moved the thread the post was deleted.

Seems the mods on here can't take criticism which is sad and after over 15 years of enjoying owlstalk I think it might be time to move on to a different forum where things are run better.

R.I.P Owlstalk

Only 1/10 on the Flounceometer. 

Really though, crying and flouncing because your thread about Steve Evans got moved to the non-swfc section. lol

'RIP Owlstalk' because you're leaving. Foook me.

I know some people will poo poo this

The players are being asked to do an extraordinary amount of work

It's difficult for them to be at they're best every game, especially when we have 2 games a week

The game against Reading could have been another Charlton or MK Dons

Hopefully we are now turning our bad performances into draws instead of defeats

We're a couple of years behind the likes of Boro, Derby, Hull and Burnley

But we are catching up quickly

We will experience a blip every so often, it's normal

I'm just glad that after 15 years of dross we are moving forward.

Asked to do an extraordinary amount of work lol. Get real

Tell this to those in the forces, or nurses. That actually made me shake my head. Think you need take your head for a wobble!

Asked to do an extraordinary amount of work lol. Get real

Tell this to those in the forces, or nurses. That actually made me shake my head. Think you need take your head for a wobble!

Really don't think Hoots mentioned the forces or nurses, or criticised their work rate or compared them to footballers.

He was merely pointing out that it's silly to expect the players to keep up the same tempo for 90 minutes each and every game...

At home our work rate is ridiculously high, constantly charging players down...you watch games on TV and I'm not seeing the same work rate from many teams. Certainly not for the amount of time we keep it up for at home.

Pulling out the old 'soldiers and nurses work harder' card is pointless. It's apples and oranges.

This is the thing - not one person that I've seen posting in opposition to the matchday prices has ever stated that they should be paying less than a ST holder. 

Every one of us accepts that there is an additional cost to attending on the day and prepared to pay an increase on last seasons prices for the improvements on and off the field.

The average matchday price this season on the Kop is equivalent to what it was as a fixed price on the South Stand for the most expensive ticket last season at £32 - most of the people posting in opposition to the matchday pricing would still be prepared to pay that price.

So here's the question - if you haven't bought a season ticket in January, how much are you expecting the price of your season tickets to rise to if the club is now looking at the past 14 home games and not seeing any increase in attendances?

The model and the business plan isn't being supported by the casual walk up fan, so are you now prepared to really put your money where your mouth is and fill the gap if the walk up fans aren't?

The only thing that the POTG prices have proved to the club is that they don't work - nobody complained last season, nobody would have this season even with a 10% increase.

Only 1/10 on the Flounceometer. 

Really though, crying and flouncing because your thread about Steve Evans got moved to the non-swfc section. lol

'RIP Owlstalk' because you're leaving. Foook me.

What's up roaminowl, I notice you negged my post.

Are you perchance one of the Owlstalk mods on a power trip?

A post about Wednesday being moved to the non Wednesday related section seems bizarre and to delete a post asking why it was moved when about Wednesday I thought fair comment.

I salute the moderators - Sieg Heil 

Edited by owl-zat

Still annoys me today of these ticket prices, went to book burnley & Brentford tickets but at £39 it's simply to much.

Cost me £13 to go to reading & after that performance on Saturday I really can't see me spending £39.

I'm all for positives and really am proud of how Wednesday are doing, but these prices really need altering surely?

Sorry about the negative, up the owls!

£39 pounds?  Must have been a special offer.   Someone on here says it's always £43 :biggrin:

R.I.P Owlstalk

Please,PLEASE, take Tas with you !!!!

Edited by oldtawnyowl