If we manage to get 30k for a cup game on sky its an excellent effort.

When the draw was made taking into account likelihood of TV I guessed 29k but by the looks this will easily go past 30k

Guest Robster01

Hi guys,

I know some will think I'm just an arsenal fan trying to get tickets but I promise you I'm not. I'm a new student in the city who wants to start watching Wednesday more often and thought the arsenal game would be a perfect first game to get some mates interested too. I only registered yesterday so the website isn't letting me buy. Does anyone know if I'll have more luck on the phones?

Hi guys,

I know some will think I'm just an arsenal fan trying to get tickets but I promise you I'm not. I'm a new student in the city who wants to start watching Wednesday more often and thought the arsenal game would be a perfect first game to get some mates interested too. I only registered yesterday so the website isn't letting me buy. Does anyone know if I'll have more luck on the phones?

They'll ask for your client ID number and that will stop you getting tickets on the phones or in person.

Your best bet is a season ticket holder gets one for you.

Guest Robster01

Hi Robster, welcome to Sheffield and hopefully S6.

I would suggest you may find it easier on the phone.

Be careful though, you will get the Wednesday bug and are about to enter a whole new World :)

I'll give them a ring when I'm out of uni. Thanks for the welcome, loving the city so far :)

You will not be able to get tickets if you only registered with the club yesterday.

Club policy for this game is to only sell to those who have bought tickets before. Your client ID number, given to you when you registered online, will stop you purchasing tickets. Whether that be over the phone, online or in person.

Like I said. Best bet is to find someone on the system willing to get you a ticket.

I have been blissfully unaware of the above criteria to get a ticket and thought it was general sale from yesterday - meaning that anyone could get a ticket.

Don't think there is too much risk of Arsenal fans causing bother in the home ends to make it restricted to people on the database only.

That said, it may not solely be the club's decision I guess.

Guest Robster01

You will not be able to get tickets if you only registered with the club yesterday.

Club policy for this game is to only sell to those who have bought tickets before. Your client ID number, given to you when you registered online, will stop you purchasing tickets. Whether that be over the phone, online or in person.

Like I said. Best bet is to find someone on the system willing to get you a ticket.

Would this change if I bought tickets for Saturday?

Would this change if I bought tickets for Saturday?

Should do. And is probably a partial reason why the club have adopted this policy. 

Sheffield is a student city, myself included, and this is an attractive fixture to get new blood into Hillsborough. BUT we don't want them just for this game, we want them for a league game too. Thus you'll probably be able to get your Arsenal ticket if you buy a ticket for any of the other available games, such as Hull on Saturday.

The official word from the club is; 'Please note, supporters must have an active booking history in order to purchase tickets for this fixture.'

You should be fine if you buy a Hull ticket. Even if you have no plans to go to the match, buying a child's ticket for £5 would probably trigger the Arsenal tickets into becoming available. 

Hi guys,

Guys. The worst word in the English language bar none.

Guest Robster01

Guys. The worst word in the English language bar none.

I'm still getting used to the language this side of the pennines, sorry if I offended anyone ;)