Owls fans already given up on Automatic?

You are quite right royal owl

A guy I know isn't going sat says he's saving his cash for playoffs.

I obviously said but we could still get auto

He wasn't having it his mind was made up.

A shame really but I think many more have this mindset.

I know the players are all professionals - and they are putting in a 'reyt' shift of late, but it must have an effect on the players, playing in either an half empty stadium - or one that is packed to the rafters. We don't want the squad thinking we have accepted 3rd place - bums on seats and a partizan home crowd should help them maintain their current standards...

It's easy turning up for the big games - it's when the odds are stacked against us that the players need us most.

If the Pigs had lost last week, and we had won - there would be another 5k for this match, have the players let us down that badly (obviously not), or will the supporters that choose not to go (I don't mind ex-pats, those that can't afford it etc) let the players down?

I'm not so much worried about our results but i don't really see the pigs not getting the 2 wins they need tbh

I don't hold out much hope from MK - might play nice football but can't defend - think the pigs will nick that one

But i am an ultra-pessimist

Depends IMHO if they want us or them in the P/O.

I've had a feeling all season that The Blades would trip up at the end and finish third, allowing you to take the second automatic spot. If Sheffield United are pipped then I don't expect them to win the play-offs, I'd fancy Huddersfield Town, whose season seems to have collapsed, to get the tird promotion place.

I think there might be a lot fewer given up on automatic this evening. What a heart-strainer Final Score was, both when MK Dons went down to ten men and when Carlisle equalised, but was I jumping out of my seat when your winner went in.

Good Luck!

I've had a feeling all season that The Blades would trip up at the end and finish third, allowing you to take the second automatic spot. If Sheffield United are pipped then I don't expect them to win the play-offs, I'd fancy Huddersfield Town, whose season seems to have collapsed, to get the third promotion place.

I know it's annoying when people drag up old threads just to prove a point, but please forgive me just this once.

I'm not often right but I certainly was this time!

Quality prediction Rokerite, did you have any money on it?

Not on Wednesday, but a little bit on Huddersfield.

However, your 2005 Play-Off triumph will always remain my biggest ever betting win. That victory over Hartlepool is a day I'll never forget.

Sadly, all that money has long since evaporated.

Good Luck next season, one step closer to where The Owls should be.