POTY - Who gets your vote?

Guest thekelch

Guest thekelch

I notice the London Owls are doing their voting now and the official site are unveiling their poll soon for Player of the Year. For once this is something worth winning rather than being a consolation for least worse performer.

Who will you be selecting and why? Here would be my top 3:

1.Semedo (given us midfield solidity we've not had in years)

2.Batth (Mr Consistency)

3.Madine (on course for 20+ goals)

Gotta be Semedo for me..Buxton should get a mention..Reda has been excellent..Batth the same..but for sheer reliability..its Semedo.....

The bloke is consistently good at his job...so much so that I get blase about him...and start looking for something else...JJ mercurial at times...Antonio...Madine...etc etc....

but....when it comes to simply consistently playing well...putting in a shift...Jose walks it..

Edited by asteener1867

Guest Bedders

I can't argue with them but would love :reda: to win it! Absolutely love his commitment in the tackle & attacking the ball for a goal threat!

Probably tight call between Semedo n Batth for me though!

Guest James-The-Owl

Up until a few weeks ago I'd have said Semedo, and he still comes a gallant second, but Danny Batth is just getting better and better.

1. Batth

2. Semedo

3. Madine

Honourable mention to Buxton, tough call between him and Madine.

Edit: Changed my mind and I'm having a top 5, Reda in there as well!

Edited by James-The-Owl

Guest Bedders

Must admit

Up until a few weeks ago I'd have said Semedo, and he still comes a gallant second, but Danny Batth is just getting better and better.

1. Batth

2. Semedo

3. Madine

Honourable mention to Buxton, tough call between him and Madine.

Edit: Changed my mind and I'm having a top 5, Reda in there as well!

gary megson gary megson gary megson:milan: :milan: :milan:lol lol lol

Guest Bedders

Can we just say they are all great?

I hate singeling out individuals.......this season we have epitomised the 'team' game.

Hope whoever wins it plays it down & says all the team are winners.....cos they really are!!!

Edited by Bedders

Guest thekelch

Semedo will walk away with it

He is Charlton's reigning POTY. Wonder how many people have one consecutive awards at different clubs?

Guest Bedders

1.Batth.

2.Madine

3.Reda

No Semedo?

Short memory with the midfield of Potter & 'dose of salts'........(rans through us like a.....)

Edited by Bedders

Guest davet30

I've had my invite sent through the post today.

So, I'd be interested in your ideas before I vote.

I must admit I didn't put Danny in my top 3 but most of the team have played really well this season and I'm finding it difficult to reduce my selections down to less than 4 let alone just choosing THE one.

If we select on appearances that may seem unfair but Llera has always performed well imo each time he's been selected.

Buxton, JJ Reda and Madine have all played well this season but have had time out due to injury and have performed sluggishly on their return which is expected.

Then there are those who have not been with us all season such as Micheal Antonio who have really done well.

On the whole I have been very pleased with Semedo this season.

Bywater? well he's been good but then that's his job. I don't remember any saves he's had to make to keep us in it and then again I don't remember and blunders either.

I think I may go with Semedo in the end.