RIP Jack Smith

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

My bestest mates (MSOwl) Dad passed away last night, peacefully in hospital, at the age of 78.

It was quite sudden - he'd only gone in on Wednesday after complaining of pains in his stomach.

Jack loved Wednesday - used to sit on the uncovered terrace in front of the South Stand with MSOwl when he was growing up. He was very cynical like the rest of us - always believed that the worst would happen (and very usually was right lol)

He was a bloody smashing bloke - and I'll be having a little think about him today as we kick off.

RIP Jack - he's reunited with his lovely wife now who I know hes missed terribly for a few years now

Guest normski

R.I.P Jack

We will carry on giving them a shout for you, and all others who are no longer here.

Thought it was going to be Big jack charlton when I 1st saw it.

R.I.P

Guest Deleted member

R.I.P Jack

We will carry on giving them a shout for you, and all others who are no longer here.

Thought it was going to be Big jack charlton when I 1st saw it.

R.I.P

Oooh I didnt think of that - happy for a mod to change it to Jack Smith to save confusion

Condolences to all of those touched by this sad news.

For all the wittering and wailing we do about out fabulous club, it's only a game.

football may only be a game but Sheffield Wednesday are a brotherhood,

this is why even though I didnt personally know Jack I feel saddened by this news and wish everyone touched by his passing my condolenses,

he was one of us RIP