Clinton Morrison

COG isn't an out and out goalscorer, he holds the ball up, wins it with this strength and links players into the game. Not all about scoring goals is it? Currently Charlton rely on Wright Phillips, and Huddersfield rely on Rhodes to get the goals, i think we are well more equipped striker wise than both of them are.

Why are people on here moaning about O'Grady and Lowe?! Absolutely crazy, Lowe has scored the winner in two away games, and if it wasn't for O' Grady the piggies would have beaten us. Cut them some slack, and trust Megson, he knows what he is doing.

No no, I'm not moaning at all. Just deliberating what would happen if Mellor came in.

And make a new partnership? So then you give them one game and if Lowe doesn't play well you drop him again straight away? See my early post about how you get an understanding of your partner etc. Can't be arsed to type it all out again

They wouldn't have to make a new partnership because they would both already know what their games are about and how they both play.

Guest Big Guns

If we can keep Sanchez Watt and find takers for JJ and Clinton and Sedgwick I'd love us to bring in a forward such as a Mellor and another winger but the budget and the fact that this isn't football manager make it so much easier said then done

I think we should see watt play a few games b4 we want to keep him

Guest foreverSWFC

No no, I'm not moaning at all. Just deliberating what would happen if Mellor came in.

What?! You said COG wasn't the answer, and then completly contradicted yourself by saying he's a good player.

Guest foreverSWFC

Mellor would make us a lot stronger in the striker department.

That's it.

Lowe will probably become a key player for us but he's not going to continue to get the goals all the time.

Mellor would give us more options and make us more of a threat.

Why is he not, he has scored bagfuls in the last 18 months for Bury, just because he hasn't scored in two home games.

Mellor would make us a lot stronger in the striker department.

That's it.

Lowe will probably become a key player for us but he's not going to continue to get the goals all the time.

Mellor would give us more options and make us more of a threat.

I'm not debating that! Its the fact you'd openly chop and change the players so much and expect brilliant performances in every game! And the fact that MASSIVE as we are we are working inside a budget and Mellor would eat a substantial chunk of that. Serious question for you here if we had the choice of say Marshall and Clinton or we could bring in Mellor what would you do?

I'm not debating that! Its the fact you'd openly chop and change the players so much and expect brilliant performances in every game! And the fact that MASSIVE as we are we are working inside a budget and Mellor would eat a substantial chunk of that. Serious question for you here if we had the choice of say Marshall and Clinton or we could bring in Mellor what would you do?

Marshall obviously because he's the one that creates most of the goals. Would be useless to bring in Mellor with no one to give him to opportunities to score.

Training, watching each other play etc. You don't need to have an amazing understanding with your strike partner in order to play well. If you're a good player then you should be able to play well.

Its like banging my head against a wall! How do you expect League One players to come in from weeks without a game and slot in the team with ease?

Guest foreverSWFC

Are you seriously using that as an argument? Because he scored goals for Bury?

It doesn't matter what he did for Bury.

Well we wouldn't have signed him if he wasn't scoring for Bury, so it does matter!

Look he's scored 2 in 4, pretty good going so far.