Do you need a lift to S6?

think this has been tried before but as the title says do you need a lift? If so post it in here and hopefully there might be somebody in your area or passing it that would be willing to car share and share the costs Or maybe you could help out

Neil any chance of giving this it's own section for a while to see how it goes?

Leigh On Sea, Essex.

I go up the M1 from the M25/A1 junction as i live at jnc 4 A1 or sometimes i go up the A414 to the M1 through St Albans.

Do you drive and if so...........

Which route do you take? If your coming round the M25 onto the M1 then your pretty much coming past me?

Edited to say i drive too, forgot to mention in OP

Edited by JohnnySmith

I go up the M1 from the M25/A1 junction as i live at jnc 4 A1 or sometimes i go up the A414 to the M1 through St Albans.

Do you drive and if so...........

Which route do you take? If your coming round the M25 onto the M1 then your pretty much coming past me?

Edited to say i drive too, forgot to mention in OP

No i'm afraid i don't drive mate. I have to rely on trains or coaches to get me up to sheffield 6.

No i'm afraid i don't drive mate. I have to rely on trains or coaches to get me up to sheffield 6.

Don't know if it would make it any cheaper if you made it over my way and travelled with me tbh with the price of a train ticket to somewhere local. I reckon you'd be better off, however if you get some prices to get over my way and see what it works out at with train/coach and see if it can be done cheapish. I can pick you up at Welwyn Garden City, Hertford, Stevenage, Saint Albans or Potters Bar. I have a car, it's the petrol that's my problem so any contribution would help. Cheapest return train ticket i could find was £138.20 to sheffield from yours. (Dunno how correct this is, i used National Rail website)To W.G.C it was £20 off peak travel (you'd be earlyish set off to here on the Sat morning ( after 9am) then off peak return at night from here too, i put after 9pm but it would probably be earlier i'd expect)

Anyway, food for thought, go do some maths cause you know where you live better than i do!

As my name suggests I come from Worthing, I go to more away than home, but some at the fortress. PM or post on here if you want a lift or are offering one.

When you go to Hillsbrough if your prepared to come off at junction 8 Hemel Hempstead and pick me up at the junction i'd be happy to share a trip or two with you (I can make it to there). If your knackered from the drive up past the M25 i have a car and don't mind taking turns at using the car either, although you'd have to get to Welwyn Garden City so i can take mine (jnc 4 A1 takes 15-20 mins from the M25 South Mymms)

As my name suggests I come from Worthing, I go to more away than home, but some at the fortress. PM or post on here if you want a lift or are offering one.
I saw someone in thier car a few months ago in worthing wearing a wednesday shirt, gave them the thumbs up... could this be you?!

Hi Johnny,

I am a season ticket holder and live in Hertfordshire - Rickmansworth

I tend to stay over on Saturday or use the train from Luton if i travel up and down on the day, if i decide to drive up and down i send you a PM and we could meet up (perhaps at Luton Airport Parkway?)

Hi Johnny,

I am a season ticket holder and live in Hertfordshire - Rickmansworth

I tend to stay over on Saturday or use the train from Luton if i travel up and down on the day, if i decide to drive up and down i send you a PM and we could meet up (perhaps at Luton Airport Parkway?)

Hi Southernblues, sounds good :) I occasionally travel with Hertsowl but any game that i'm not it would be nice to have some company! Getting to the airport shouldn't be a problem at all so i can meet you there. Let me know when your doing a day run and we can sort something out :)

p.s sorry about length of time to reply, i forget to check in here regularly

Living in Blackwood, Caerphilly and going to Wycombe match and now hers indoors says I can have the nice roomy MPV for the trip up (Costs just as much on train or coach so no point going this way) with same day return afterwards.

If anybody is struggling for transport for whatever reason and you don't mind chipping in with fuel sharing, then me dropping you off wherever you need to be in Sheffield beforehand that's cool, as I need to go to Wincobank to pick up my cousins and then meet my Dad at the match who is down from Cumbria too.

Then after the match will pick you back up at an agreed place and time and enjoy the trip back to S.Wales fingers crossed on a MASSIVE promotion high!

Let me know if anybody is interested anyway.