Reynolds & Madine Sign

Guest carlisle_blue

Well done on the signing. Here's an unbias view of Madine.

Pros

Strong in the air

Has scored a good amount of goals this season. (Previous seasons he hasn't)

Cons

Loses the ball far too easily when on the ground and not very skillful for a striker

Not a proven goal scorer apart from this season but goals have come against lesser opposition - 4 against tipton for example

Can be lazy when things don't go his way

Bad attitude

Off field antics

Madine has divided the Carlisle fans. We like him as he's banged in a few this season which is unusual for him but in the same breath he has an attitude problem (on and off the pitch) and can be lazy. Our manager has been unable to control the bad side of him but if Irvine can get him into shape then he does have potential.

The fee is undisclosed but we have it on good word that it can rise to 800k. If this is true then it is a very good deal for carlisle and I won't miss him plus I feel you could have got a proven striker at this level for less money but people must see the potential in him.

Hope he does well apart from against us ;-) and time will tell if he's been a good buy for you guys.

Good luck for the rest of the season and don't let the saints finish above you!!

i work with alot of carlisle fans as i live nearish to their...the majority are gutted he is going.

Trust me 90% of cufc fans will be very happy with the deal if the 800k is true (even 500k)

Edited by carlisle_blue

Guest carlisle_blue

From the clubs statement it doesnt sound like were paying anywhere near 800k if they are talking "in excess of 200k"

It's nearer 200k upfront then depending on appearances we get more with a decent size chunk more if you get promoted within 2 seasons

Looks a promising player, and at 6 ft 5 he fits Irvine's description of the type of strikers we're looking for. Only 20 too. Wouldn't be unhappy if this is true tbh.

Where did you see he's 6' 5"? He's 6' 3" according to the Carlisle OS

I have seen on a Carlisle fans forum that Madine has supposedly "not improved in recent seasons".

However, I see that he has scored 13 this season (for the first time) and looked to lead the line well at Hillsborough. I cant see how he hasnt improved, he used to look gangly but now he looks like a force to spearhead an attack.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see if he's any good, but I think that to say he hasnt come on is unfair on him.