Golden Ball & Three Tuns

Golden Ball was a regular haunt for us Owls back then,as was most of town. Claymore, Mulberry, Marples etc

There were a few Blunts who were ok and tagged along but it changed in summer of 79 when they started to call it on

and it turned nasty.

Some blunts still came out with us and to be honest were ok lads, it just made it a bit difficult for them which is understandable

but after Arabia got smashed all over west st they started getting grief from the blunts for being with us.Fair play for those of them that enjoyed a night out with us and were ok

I got to know a few of them and they were good lads, but blunt knob heads spoilt it all and had to be dealt with, which in time they were

Does anybody know a Philip Austin ? Himself and his missus took me to the Golden Ball back in 1969 - 1973 period in my early days

visiting Sheffield (purpose of visits The Wednesday of course) . He used work in General Post Office city centre but moved away and unfortunately we lost contact.

Post Office building has been empty for a few years and all.

Golden Ball was a regular haunt for us Owls back then,as was most of town. Claymore, Mulberry, Marples etc

There were a few Blunts who were ok and tagged along but it changed in summer of 79 when they started to call it on

and it turned nasty.

Some blunts still came out with us and to be honest were ok lads, it just made it a bit difficult for them which is understandable

but after Arabia got smashed all over west st they started getting grief from the blunts for being with us.Fair play for those of them that enjoyed a night out with us and were ok

I got to know a few of them and they were good lads, but blunt knob heads spoilt it all and had to be dealt with, which in time they were

All regular haunts. A pint then on to the next pub.